Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
first of all, the OP is a noted packer hater who started another thread alleging the turf or top soil at lambeau field is from the old soldier field.

and second of all, don't buy the espn hype of all the favre love in wisconsin. at least 2/3rds of people in numerous polls, consistently and in all matters, are against what BF did and are happy with their current QB and have no regrets. a minimum of 2/3rds.

on all issues, whether they'd rather have BF or Aaron Rodgers, at least 2/3rds still pick AR

on whether they think there should be a homecoming in GB, 2/3 against.

mods should just delete this crap, it's getting tireing and boring. The mayor and some fringe elements are not the majority, never have been , and shame on espn and other favre friendly media for portraying it that way. It's gotten to be downright propaganda.

The unfortunate thing about deleting a Favre thread is that two more irrelevant ones pop up in its place. The last Favre thread I deleted was about Favre chewing tobacco on national tv.

I'll keep this open for a day or two and then its history. Any new Favre threads most likely will be deleted or locked, at one point a couple months back there were 8 of these things going which included Favre threads in the Minnesota and Wisconsin forums. AND---one more thing, let's be a little civil with each other!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-26-2009 at 08:39 PM..

Old 10-27-2009, 07:36 AM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Actually that was a typical Cutler performance. Believe me, I watched him do the same thing for 3 years in Denver.
Ok, so your point is that the Bears more or less have as good of an offense as the Vikings with the exception of the QB position.

I wish this were true.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:34 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
By waffling on whether or not he planned to retire, which lead to the Packers investing multiple picks (1st, 3rd and 7th rounders) into replacing him and then bitched because enough resources weren't being used to get him help. When they finally had enough and didn't welcome him back, he tried to make the Packers Front Office look like the bad guys when he brought it on himself.
He never waffled. The media waffled. Up until he retired two season ago, Brett never said he was going to retire. Hell, he never said he might retire. The media hyped up the "will he or wont he" game every season. The Packers never expected him to retire. They never even expected him to retire when he did. They drafted QBs because Brett was getting old and he may have retired or gotten injuried. Teams draft QBs even when they have a young franchise QB. It is called insurance.

Quote:
He absolutely did. He publicly stuck his nose into another player's contract issue and turned the entire fanbase against that player even after the issue had been resolved. In Green Bay, having Brett Favre call you out is the equivalent of having Jesus descend before you in church, point directly at you, and yell "JUDAS"! Favre knew that and whether intentionally or not, he was the main reason a young rising star was run out of town.

Really? How well did that work out for Walker? He returned to the Packers with a contract well under his market value and proceeded to get his knee shredded in the season opener. That injury basically had his career come screeching to a halt. I'm sure he's glad he didn't keep pushing for that raise now!

And do you honestly not believe that if he had chosen to stay in Green Bay that the Packers wouldn't have used that injury to give him a low ball offer?

This is a very violent sport these man play. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them holding out to get a new contract when they outperform the one they have, ESPECIALLY when the teams will try to do the same thing when a player under performs his contract.
Brett had every right to call out Walker. Every single player that holds out on his contract should be called out by everyone including their teammates. When you are a man and sign a contract, you are giving your word. When you go back on your word, you are a piece of ****.

A player has every right to ask for a new contract but if it is denied, they should finish out the contract they signed and move on. You dont sit out and throw a fit like a child.

When was the last time a player asked for a paycut because they werent playing up to expectations?

You cant answer that because it has never happened. Players want big contracts because of one big season but they never ask for a pay cut when they have a bad season.

If you sign a contract, you honor your contract. That's what real men do. If you dont, you are a scum and deserve to be called out.

Quote:
Then you must not have watched much Brett Favre football.
Actually, statistics prove me correct. Over 70% of Brett's interceptions have come in the season half when the Packers were DOWN.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
He never waffled. The media waffled. Up until he retired two season ago, Brett never said he was going to retire. Hell, he never said he might retire. The media hyped up the "will he or wont he" game every season. The Packers never expected him to retire. They never even expected him to retire when he did.
Uhhh, yeah he did. It's been reported by many credible sources (including Adam Schefter) that Favre kept waiting to give the Packers an answer on his retirement year after year. He did that in 2008 when he retired, changed his mind, and then got shipped to the Jets. Did you not see his retirement press conference?

Quote:
They drafted QBs because Brett was getting old and he may have retired or gotten injuried. Teams draft QBs even when they have a young franchise QB. It is called insurance.
They drafted Rodgers because they knew Favre might be done, and then had to draft Brohm and another QB because Rodgers was looking like he may not come back either.

Quote:
Brett had every right to call out Walker.
No, he didn't. That's an issue between Walker and the Packers management.

Quote:
Every single player that holds out on his contract should be called out by everyone including their teammates.
That's fine if you want teams with divided locker rooms. I'll stick with my team keeping that in house.

Quote:
When you are a man and sign a contract, you are giving your word. When you go back on your word, you are a piece of ****.
You know what, you can talk like that when the TEAMS are held to that same standard. Contracts aren't guaranteed in the NFL and as such teams can cut players while only paying a fraction of the contract.

If you want to play that game, fine with me, but only if NFL teams are forced to pay out all remaining money due on terminated contracts. Until then they are not held to that same standard so I will continue to support the right of the players to get the most money they can reasonably get.

Quote:
A player has every right to ask for a new contract but if it is denied, they should finish out the contract they signed and move on. You dont sit out and throw a fit like a child.
Again, the same standard does not apply to the teams. If a player won't renegotiate his contract he can be cut from the team and paid very little money. What protections does the player have against a team who refuses to negotiate?

Holding out.

Quote:
When was the last time a player asked for a paycut because they werent playing up to expectations?
Players take pay cuts all the time, and for various reasons.

Quote:
You cant answer that because it has never happened.
I just did.

Quote:
Players want big contracts because of one big season but they never ask for a pay cut when they have a bad season.
Why would anyone ASK to lower their pay? That's illogical at best.

Quote:
If you sign a contract, you honor your contract. That's what real men do. If you dont, you are a scum and deserve to be called out.
And again, that's fine...if the teams are held to the same standard. They're not, so your logic fails.

Quote:
Actually, statistics prove me correct. Over 70% of Brett's interceptions have come in the season half when the Packers were DOWN.
Proof?

Hell I actually half believe it. They're usually down in the 2nd half from the picks he threw in the first half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football