Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,749 times

Advertisements

I agree, but my point with this whole thread was to point out that when the going gets tuff, the "steeler fans" get going.... to something other than thier team. EVery team has injuries and every team loses players, but do you abondon support for your team when it happens? Thats my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 AM

323 posts, read 835,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
I agree, but my point with this whole thread was to point out that when the going gets tuff, the "steeler fans" get going.... to something other than thier team. EVery team has injuries and every team loses players, but do you abondon support for your team when it happens? Thats my point.
All of the Steeler's fans are full of attitude (I live with it 24/7). I wouldn't doubt that Tomlin's job will be on the line if he doesn't make the playoffs this season. It doesn't matter who gets hurt, the bottom line is that the Steelers aren't supposed to lose.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany12 View Post
All of the Steeler's fans are full of attitude (I live with it 24/7). I wouldn't doubt that Tomlin's job will be on the line if he doesn't make the playoffs this season. It doesn't matter who gets hurt, the bottom line is that the Steelers aren't supposed to lose.
I think Tomlin will be ok, he runs a tight ship.

But yeah in the minds of steeler fans they arent suppossed to lose and when they do they have 1 million and one excuses as to why and it usually is never that the other team was better then they were that day. Injuries, we beat ourselves... I hear them all.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
Quote:
the bottom line is that the Steelers aren't supposed to lose.
people really think this way? seriously?

Old 11-30-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I think Tomlin will be ok, he runs a tight ship.

But yeah in the minds of steeler fans they arent suppossed to lose and when they do they have 1 million and one excuses as to why and it usually is never that the other team was better then they were that day. Injuries, we beat ourselves... I hear them all.
My favorite is when Ben took on ALL the blame for the Bengals loss in his own unique way. He blamed it on the fact that he wasn't feeling well. If he was feeling better than they would have won.

That is classic.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
people really think this way? seriously?
Heads are going to roll if they don't make the playoffs. Whether it be staff and/or players, somebody has to pay for it in the eyes of the fans. Right now the special teams and secondary are in hot water.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:13 AM

666 posts, read 1,843,716 times
Quote:
What makes you think people are abandoning support for the Steelers? Its a given that Steeler haters will come out of the woodwork when the they lose. Maybe some people don't feel like dealing with it. It doesn't mean they are any less of a fan.

The Steelers, just like the Cowboys and the Patriots, are a team that has haters, bandwagonners, and fair-weather fans. Its the nature of their dominance over the years.

Yes, the Steelers are in a world of hurt right now. We've had some disgraceful losses this year, but I am as much of a fan as ever. You learn a lot more about your team and the fans when they are losing.

I do think that if Ben was in against the Ravens, the Steelers would have won. Its not an excuse, its an observation. Bruce Arians only had limited plays to run with Dixon and I don't agree with not allowing him to use his legs a bit more, especially on the last drive. The defensive backs are playing awful. Again, not an excuse, but a fact.

Not sure what else I'm supposed to say when we lose.

Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Bob Ligashesky...I'd be worried.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
What makes you think people are abandoning support for the Steelers? Its a given that Steeler haters will come out of the woodwork when the they lose. Maybe some people don't feel like dealing with it. It doesn't mean they are any less of a fan.

The Steelers, just like the Cowboys and the Patriots, are a team that has haters, bandwagonners, and fair-weather fans. Its the nature of their dominance over the years.

Yes, the Steelers are in a world of hurt right now. We've had some disgraceful losses this year, but I am as much of a fan as ever. You learn a lot more about your team and the fans when they are losing.

I do think that if Ben was in against the Ravens, the Steelers would have won. Its not an excuse, its an observation. Bruce Arians only had limited plays to run with Dixon and I don't agree with not allowing him to use his legs a bit more, especially on the last drive. The defensive backs are playing awful. Again, not an excuse, but a fact.

Not sure what else I'm supposed to say when we lose.

Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Bob Ligashesky...I'd be worried.
I agree with you 100000000% that all the teams that experience success have fair weather fans. In 07 i ran into more "Patriots Fans" here in South Carolina than I ever had in my 12 years of living here. Last year they were no where to be seen, mind you I have visited the same sports bar for over 5 years. That said I think that one should support the team win or lose. I take my lumps when we lose and I expect folks to talk trash when we do, its the nature of the game. And just like they like to talk smack when we lose I like to give it to the haters when we win. Its what football is all about. On here you have some steelers fans that love to gloat when they win, but god forbid you give them a ribbing when they lose.... oh lord they think the sky is falling and we should never speak a bad word about them because they have six...yada yada yada. Bottom line is if your going to gloat, take your lumps with it also!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:41 AM

22,571 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
But yeah in the minds of steeler fans they arent suppossed to lose
Not true!

Everyone I know EXPECTED to lose last night.
It was quite a surprise that we put up the fight that we did.

And no, no bandwagon jumping here...
I wish you would quit applying generalizations to anyone who roots for the Black and Gold.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Not true!

Everyone I know EXPECTED to lose last night.
It was quite a surprise that we put up the fight that we did.

And no, no bandwagon jumping here...
I wish you would quit applying generalizations to anyone who roots for the Black and Gold.
Let me rephrase, all the ones that I have come in contact with.

In the bar yesterday I had one guy bet me that they would beat b-more last night and win the division because they are in his words " still the best team in the nfl" ! Really???? WTH????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football