Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM

666 posts, read 1,844,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany12 View Post
My favorite is when Ben took on ALL the blame for the Bengals loss in his own unique way. He blamed it on the fact that he wasn't feeling well. If he was feeling better than they would have won. That is classic.
Why is that classic? You don't think a QB can cause a team to lose? There are some Carolina Panthers fans who may disagree with you. They are allowing Ben to call his own plays at times throughout the games. When he has a bad day it can absolutely affect the outcome.

Quote:
Heads are going to roll if they don't make the playoffs. Whether it be staff and/or players, somebody has to pay for it in the eyes of the fans.
And please tell me how this is different from any other team. Show me any fans / management / owners of any team that are 'ok' with a losing season.

After looking at your posts, it certainly appears you are a bitter local and hate everything about Pittsburgh.

Last edited by LeftCoastee; 11-30-2009 at 12:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
In the bar yesterday I had one guy bet me that they would beat b-more last night and win the division because they are in his words " still the best team in the nfl" ! Really???? WTH????

uh huh...
so NOW all of Steeler Nation is being judged based on your experience with one guy in a bar...

Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
uh huh...
so NOW all of Steeler Nation is being judged based on your experience with one guy in a bar...

If it was ONE guy it would be one thing, but its the masses THAT I HAVE DEALT WITH. You have some of them right on here.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM

323 posts, read 835,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastee View Post
Why is that classic? You don't think a QB can cause a team to lose? There are some Carolina Panthers fans who may disagree with you. They are allowing Ben to call his own plays at times throughout the games. When he has a bad day it can absolutely affect the outcome.

And please tell me how this is different from any other team. Show me any fans / management / owners of any team that are 'ok' with a losing season. Or even admit that the team made some mistakes?

After looking at your posts, it certainly appears you are a bitter local and hate everything about Pittsburgh.

It is really arrogant to say that your team lost only because you didn't "feel well". Ben can't drop the ego long enough to admit that the Steelers lost outright to the Bengals?

The Steeler's fans can't deal with a losing season. They don't think it applies to them.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
It is really arrogant to say that your team lost only because you didn't "feel well". Ben can't drop the ego long enough to admit that the Steelers lost outright to the Bengals?

The Steeler's fans can't deal with a losing season. They don't think it applies to them.
Ben is the leader of the offense. Leaders try to shoulder the blame. Tomlin does the same thing. I'm not sure you really know much about football.

Assuming a winning season is a record of .500 or better, the Steelers have had 43 winning seasons out of the 76 seasons they've been playing. That means they've had 33 losing seasons, yet fans still exist? Please explain.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Ben is the leader of the offense. Leaders try to shoulder the blame. Tomlin does the same thing. I'm not sure you really know much about football.

Assuming a winning season is a record of .500 or better, the Steelers have had 43 winning seasons out of the 76 seasons they've been playing. That means they've had 33 losing seasons, yet fans still exist? Please explain.

A player stepping up and taking the blame for mistakes is a leader. A coward will use every excuse and never admit to making a mistake (Ben).

I really don't care about how many winning or losing seasons the Steelers have had. I wish the team didn't exist.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
A player stepping up and taking the blame for mistakes is a leader. A coward will use every excuse and never admit to making a mistake (Ben).

I really don't care about how many winning or losing seasons the Steelers have had. I wish the team didn't exist.
...and with that post goes your credibility.

Big Ben accepts blame, must move on - ESPN

It certainly seems like he's accepting the blame. Please post your examples of how Ben is a coward and never admits to making a mistake.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:28 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
I agree, but my point with this whole thread was to point out that when the going gets tuff, the "steeler fans" get going.... to something other than thier team. EVery team has injuries and every team loses players, but do you abondon support for your team when it happens? Thats my point.
Who is going anywhere?? Do you expect us to jump on here and say "YEA--lost another one!"??? After the Bengals loss, most of us were saying how well the Bengals played and that the better team won. Show me one post where a Steeler fan was not giving Cinci credit for that win.

Quote:
All of the Steeler's fans are full of attitude (I live with it 24/7). I wouldn't doubt that Tomlin's job will be on the line if he doesn't make the playoffs this season. It doesn't matter who gets hurt, the bottom line is that the Steelers aren't supposed to lose.
Tomlin's job is NOT on the line!

Quote:
And please tell me how this is different from any other team. Show me any fans / management / owners of any team that are 'ok' with a losing season.

Yes, Bethany is very bitter, not to mention being a hater!
Quote:

And you cheer for which team???

You obviously are NOT watching the same post game interviews as I am because Ben has taken the blame on many occasions! (I'm not a fan of Big Ben but I will say that he does step up and take blame when it is warranted.)

As for yesterday's game....I think our team played exceptionally well with a 3rd string QB against a great Baltimore defense. I never expected the Steelers to win yesterday--matter of fact, I thought it would be a blow out. We stayed with them, put 17 points on the scoreboard and managed to take it into OT. That's pretty damn good with a 3rd string QB who hasn't played in quite some time AND a special teams that is just doing crappy. Not to mention we have one of the best safetys in the league out (Troy)--yes, we do rely on Troy A LOT!!

I, for one, am proud of the way the team played yesterday given all the equations.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 11-30-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Old 12-01-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
LMAO... I do have some black and gold in my cabinet. I bought several rolls of it.

Do you think they sell Terrible Towel toilet paper? I know plenty of people who would want it.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
And you cheer for which team???

1. Every Sunday I cheer for the team that plays the Steelers.
2. This season I am also a fan of the Bengals and Ravens. I am ecstatic that the Bengals will win the division. The icing on the cake will be when the Ravens kick the Steelers out of the playoffs for the final Wild Card spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football