Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 11:31 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Bionaire Smart Touch Ceramic Heater with Re

bionaire-smart-touch-ceramic-heater-with-re photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

For weighing less than five pounds, this heater really does a fabulous job. My house is made with a lot of hardwood floors throughout so it feels quite cold in the winter. To help with this I have a few heaters scattered in various rooms that I spend the most time in which really helps cut down on the heating bill. I tried this heater out in the kitchen first but realized it is so incredibly quiet, I needed to move it to my bedroom.

The Bionaire Smart Touch is really designed different than most other space heaters. It is actually two units that are stacked, one on top of the other so you can actually direct the heat in different directions, rather than just one. I guess it is the same concept as an oscillating heater but much quieter. The remote control is handy so you can adjust the heat without getting up from wherever you are which is really quiet convenient.

The heater is pretty small, standing at only 16 inches tall but puts out as much heat as some of the larger heaters I have in my home. It heats up the room pretty quickly and with its size, you can set it on the floor or a table.

The one-touch allows you to easily set a temperature as well as low or high speeds and it has a shut-off safety function when it overheats. Costing $59.99, it is a little more expensive than others heaters of its size but it is well worth it. It is perfect for a mid-sized room or an office and comes with a two year warranty. The only problem I have with the heater is that it is so quiet, I sometimes have to go back upstairs and double check if I shut it off because I often forget about it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews