Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I was going through all my clothes this past week for donations and discovered this (no, I was not going to donate lingerie). Some of these items had sentimental value. So I called him and left him a few messages and blasted him and threatened to write his wife a letter if I don't get my stuff back

Interesting...

[worth more if they are not washed >>> see autographed sports memorabilia and lucky shirts]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 10:05 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,877 times
Quote:
That's what I say! He took this one little white beige thingy with garters (which I did not care about), this sheer green shorter nighty (which I do care about), this sheer beige with pink roses nighty (and I have the matching robe sans the nighty now!) and I do believe a long black Victoria's Secret gown.

I'd also given him a strand of pearls to give to his wife and I never heard back from her (thought she'd say thank you) and he kept them for himself!

I just really want three items back.
If this guy likes lingerie, why cant he just buy some? Seems stealing and bothering friends is so bizarre. It isnt like lingerie is gold or anything. Maybe he is a kleptomaniac?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:15 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
If this guy likes lingerie, why cant he just buy some? Seems stealing and bothering friends is so bizarre. It isnt like lingerie is gold or anything. Maybe he is a kleptomaniac?
I think him walking into a Victoria's Secret would go like this: He'd strike up a conversation and say "It's not like this stuff really matters to me at all, just here for my wife. In fact, I've never seen what all the hullaballoo is about all of this stuff. In fact, I don't even know what to choose. Could you show me what might look good? What might look good on most people?"

I don't even think he'd be capable of pulling it off as I am sure he's convinced his status as a cross dresser would show through for all the world to see. His wife knows about the "suitcase" and can't stand it. So he has another place where he goes and becomes Lori (derivation on his name). He goes out of his way to tell me he's not gay, yet there was this one cross dressing encounter with some guy...hmmm....

At any rate, all I care about/know is that he's a thief and I want my stuff back or I want a very big check. And I'm really serious here - do NOT ever show anyone anything that is valuable or that they would covet and only let them in parts of your house where they can be supervised. I don't care how many years you've known them or be prepared to lose something of value...it's happened to me twice now (and by people that I'd thought were the most upstanding), yet I lived with another guy that fit the profile of someone who would steal who never took one thing from me. Go figure.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:19 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I'm sorry.

The thread title just sounds so bizarre.

"My cross dressing "friend" stole my lingerie."

I mean come on.......

All of the wanna be screenplay writers in LA couldn't have come up with this thread title.....

Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,877 times
Quote:
I think him walking into a Victoria's Secret would go like this: He'd strike up a conversation and say "It's not like this stuff really matters to me at all, just here for my wife. In fact, I've never seen what all the hullaballoo is about all of this stuff. In fact, I don't even know what to choose. Could you show me what might look good? What might look good on most people?"

I don't even think he'd be capable of pulling it off as I am sure he's convinced his status as a cross dresser would show through for all the world to see. His wife knows about the "suitcase" and can't stand it. So he has another place where he goes and becomes Lori (derivation on his name). He goes out of his way to tell me he's not gay, yet there was this one cross dressing encounter with some guy...hmmm....

At any rate, all I care about/know is that he's a thief and I want my stuff back or I want a very big check. And I'm really serious here - do NOT ever show anyone anything that is valuable or that they would covet and only let them in parts of your house where they can be supervised. I don't care how many years you've known them or be prepared to lose something of value...it's happened to me twice now (and by people that I'd thought were the most upstanding), yet I lived with another guy that fit the profile of someone who would steal who never took one thing from me. Go figure.

He's an idiot then (he could buy new or used clothes of any style online and nobody would know), and he is also disrespectful and a bad friend for stealing your stuff. The whole world does not care about the mild fetishes of some random guy. I highly doubt paparazzi are out stalking this friend of yours trying to catch him crossdressing.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:46 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
He's an idiot then (he could buy new or used clothes of any style online and nobody would know), and he is also disrespectful and a bad friend for stealing your stuff. The whole world does not care about the mild fetishes of some random guy. I highly doubt paparazzi are out stalking this friend of yours trying to catch him crossdressing.
Hey, if it wasn't for bad friends I'd have no friends. Consequently, I have no friends. I'm taking a "break" from friends. On the bright side, I do have a most excellent therapist and she has a most cute dog (the Taco Bell dog). Plus, I am going to move so I am just putting my energy into getting this place ready to sell. This is not a small house and I've accumulated a lot of stuff over many years.

I once had a "friend" here who said she couldn't hang with a person who had a crooked smile. O.M.G. This woman's husband died of lung cancer at a young age and just maybe this woman had a stroke. I hate this place where I live and its people, but I digress.

Anyway, cross dresser guy is from CA and I'm tolerant for a lot of things except stealing. You steal from me and that's it. You can ask me for it, but if I say no that means no. And I have always been nice enough to give up my bedroom to guests but no more. I am not going to sleep on my sofa (even though I do quite often as it's huge and comfortable) and give up my bedroom for anyone to paw through my stuff.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
You should be proud that he likes your taste but to save money, get the granny panties next time.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:21 PM

224 posts, read 828,427 times
You could take it as a compliment that you have good taste in clothes...

Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
Call the police and let them handle it.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 PM

652 posts, read 874,362 times
I suspect your friend may have stolen your stuff because he doesn't want to go buy women's underwear to wear for himself. I know a Japanese guy who worked at Victoria Secret. Everybody thought he was gay, he wasn't so they fired him. Let's just say he was hardcore pervert. Maybe your friend watched "The Devil Wear Prada" one too many times. If I were you, I would invite him over again, without accusing him of the theft. Setup a hidden camera & let him try on your stuff. Post it online and tell the world he stole your underwear. Public humiliation is what men fear most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology