Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 08:17 AM

188 posts, read 250,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Men still are supposed to approach. Then it's looks motivating them (along with signals sent their way, which I don't think women do as well as they used to). Approaching without attraction won't work out well - women want to be appreciated aesthetically. The typical guy doesn't seem to care much whether the woman he finds attractive is much into him physically. Short answer is women shouldn't whine if they are unwanted and particularly fat. Easier to fix than facial ugliness (usually) or male shortness. Few people are going to show fat, lonely men any sympathy. I don't hate individual women for their heft, but I do have a problem with slimmer women who think they're hot stuff simply because they aren't fat and don't cultivate inner qualities and generally don't match with the quieter men who value depth. That is an unfortunate side effect of the obesity epidemic.
*sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
Really?

How about the stupidity epidemic? Because that seems to be an issue in this thread.
It's not an epidemic if it's only one person afflicted

Old 06-19-2014, 08:22 AM

Someone posted this earlier, but it needs reposting since a certain person needs some schooling.

This simple cartoon shows what victim-blaming really looks like - Blue Nation Review

Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But especially with new people, the 14 year old still in me somewhere is waiting for that emotional slap in the face, and it takes energy to remind myself that those days are long over. I do remind myself, I take a deep breath, and then it's really OK, but I have moments when I wonder what it would be like to have my "native language" be an assumption I'd be welcomed and liked?
I want to just give you a hug and bake you some cupcakes

Old 06-19-2014, 09:01 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Men still are supposed to approach. Then it's looks motivating them (along with signals sent their way, which I don't think women do as well as they used to). Approaching without attraction won't work out well - women want to be appreciated aesthetically. The typical guy doesn't seem to care much whether the woman he finds attractive is much into him physically. Short answer is women shouldn't whine if they are unwanted and particularly fat. Easier to fix than facial ugliness (usually) or male shortness. Few people are going to show fat, lonely men any sympathy. I don't hate individual women for their heft, but I do have a problem with slimmer women who think they're hot stuff simply because they aren't fat and don't cultivate inner qualities and generally don't match with the quieter men who value depth. That is an unfortunate side effect of the obesity epidemic.
Women don't send the right signals. Fat women are unattractive and unwanted and have no right to whine about it. Slim, attractive women are off-putting because they are self-confident and lack unspecified inner qualities that please you. From your other posts I know that you don't like women whose clothes are too tight or who wear too much makeup. But women need to dress well and take care to make themselves aesthetically pleasing.

You know what? You simply don't like women. I'm not saying you're gay, although you might want to give some thought to that. But the bottom line, after reading all your posts on this thread, is that you just don't like women. You may like the idea of women, but you don't like real flesh and blood women.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Women don't send the right signals. Fat women are unattractive and unwanted and have no right to whine about it. Slim, attractive women are off-putting because they are self-confident and lack unspecified inner qualities that please you. From your other posts I know that you don't like women whose clothes are too tight or who wear too much makeup. But women need to dress well and take care to make themselves aesthetically pleasing.

You know what? You simply don't like women. I'm not saying you're gay, although you might want to give some thought to that.
Bingo.

Why else would him and his nasty ilk spend SO much time online on the creepy MRA hate sites talking to MEN rather than actually attempting to get with a woman?

I'm voting asexual or gay. So why the smokescreen?

Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Wait, what? Women shouldn't whine if they're unwanted? Why is that, you haven't explained that. Men get to whine endlessly, blog incessantly about women ignoring them, and gun people down out of frustration, but women who are ignored by men (through no fault of their own--leave "fat" out of it, since in most cases that's not a factor) shouldn't whine? I need to hear your reasoning on this. So far, there's no rhyme or reason to your opinions.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:53 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Sad thing is, it isn't only kissless virgins who think this way. I know a young guy who has these thoughts about women, "western" women, and he is an alpha type. He doesn't have to go overseas to date, he chooses to. So I question why this is, and he says US women his age are all...(enter stereotypes). So if that is really a problem, fine, see ya. But then he starts talking about the culture, feminism, evolution, politics and it has nothing to do with individual women's behaviors but it is ideology and it wraps around his ego. Even if women here behaved to his standards, they still have rights. He would have thought his grandmother was too uppity even in her day because she had a say.

It isn't the young women being rogue, it's the fact that women have freedom and choices and do not have to submit to men that bugs these guys.

I'm stunned that there are now these young men who think like very old men from another time. I did not know anyone like this when I was dating, it would be a controversy for a guy to think like that and he would be seen as a weirdo and loser.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:59 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretomove2014 View Post

Why else would him and his nasty ilk spend SO much time online on the creepy MRA hate sites talking to MEN rather than actually attempting to get with a woman?
The sad thing is that some of these sites could be helpful to men who feel marginalized for whatever reason, to find that they're not alone in the world and to discuss positive advocacy. What happens is that they turn into an echo chamber where myths and half-truths and bigotry grow like toxic mold. The people who participate come to think that their line of thinking is widely held, when it's really just a tiny dark corner of the internet.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:04 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,642,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sad thing is, it isn't only kissless virgins who think this way. I know a young guy who has these thoughts about women, "western" women, and he is an alpha type. He doesn't have to go overseas to date, he chooses to. So I question why this is, and he says US women his age are all...(enter stereotypes). So if that is really a problem, fine, see ya. But then he starts talking about the culture, feminism, evolution, politics and it has nothing to do with individual women's behaviors but it is ideology and it wraps around his ego. Even if women here behaved to his standards, they still have rights. He would have thought his grandmother was too uppity even in her day because she had a say.

It isn't the young women being rogue, it's the fact that women have freedom and choices and do not have to submit to men that bugs these guys.

I'm stunned that there are now these young men who think like very old men from another time. I did not know anyone like this when I was dating, it would be a controversy for a guy to think like that and he would be seen as a weirdo and loser.
I think the fact that women have freedoms and choices now is pretty much the bottom layer to all this hatred towards women. These guys have a make believe idea of how things were decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology