Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:23 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,051,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Agreed.

Same here! My hair STRANDS are thin, but I have a TON of hair. And it feels so greasy and gross when it's not washed every morning. Even if I wash it the night before, it feels gross by midday (if not before) the next day. I do keep dry shampoo on hand to freshen it up in the late afternoon if I need to -- or for those emergency once-a-month situations when I might not be able to wash my hair in the morning for whatever reason -- but ugh. I really have to wash my hair every morning or I feel disgusting.

That's my thing. It really doesn't even have to be that long. 10 minutes. For those who are coming up with all kinds of excuses not to shower -- just do a sponge bath!! just use a bidet!! -- I mean...it just seems like hopping in the shower for 10 minutes, or even 5 if you're in THAT much of a hurry, every day would be easier and much more effective at cleaning yourself.

It doesn't have to be fancy. A bar of soap is less than a buck. You can buy cheap shampoo for a buck or less, too. Hop in the shower, get wet, lather up the soap -- in your hands, even, if you're too bothered to mess with a loofah (my favorite) or a washcloth -- rub it over your body, and rinse. It literally takes minutes.

If a person has time to get on C-D every day -- assuming they have access to a working shower and are physically capable of getting in and out of said shower -- then they have time to wash themselves.

And then, for the love of humanity, please swipe on some deodorant after you get out and dry off.

I really don't understand adults who don't have at least a basic semblance of personal hygiene, unless, again, they don't have access to a shower or are physically incapable of taking a shower.
I don't understand it either. And don't understand people who try and justify "you don't need to shower/bathe every day". To each his own I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 01:59 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
At least twice a day here. More if the gym, yard work, being around smokers is involved during the day.
are they allowed to smoke around you at work RS...

Old 08-18-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Brilliant strategy!
oh for gods sake... abusers and predators arent fussy about smells surely.. behave..

Old 08-18-2017, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
are they allowed to smoke around you at work RS...
No. Talking out and about. If I'm in the close vicinity of any smokers or riding in a car with a smoker. That smell just penetrates everything.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
No. Talking out and about. If I'm in the close vicinity of any smokers or riding in a car with a smoker. That smell just penetrates everything.
oh hell... I couldnt suffer it in a car.. tell them to stop RS... not right and not good for you. let them scar their own lungs if they want.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:25 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,991,949 times
What you're not "understanding" is that -- however quick, easy, and cheap it may be (really, it's not) -- not everyone agrees with YOU that it's necessary. Most of us won't spend even one nanosecond doing something we don't have to do or want to do, however much someone else might think we should.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
oh hell... I couldnt suffer it in a car.. tell them to stop RS... not right and not good for you. let them scar their own lungs if they want.
Not just that, but even when they don't smoke with me being in the car. Their cigarette smoke penetrates the seats and upholstery and STAYS there thus penetrating your hair and clothes when you sit in there. Ughh...can't stand it!

Old 08-18-2017, 02:22 PM

38 posts, read 23,885 times
Quote:
Not just that, but even when they don't smoke with me being in the car. Their cigarette smoke penetrates the seats and upholstery and STAYS there thus penetrating your hair and clothes when you sit in there. Ughh...can't stand it!
So gross. My boyfriend smokes and he gets upset when I won't go near him for a while after he finishes a cancer stick cause "it's not that bad!". Yeah, it is THAT bad, that nauseating stench sticks to everything and makes me want to puke. He keeps swearing he'll quit but I'll believe that when it happens

Old 08-18-2017, 03:59 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
What you're not "understanding" is that -- however quick, easy, and cheap it may be (really, it's not) -- not everyone agrees with YOU that it's necessary. Most of us won't spend even one nanosecond doing something we don't have to do or want to do, however much someone else might think we should.
Ummm...it *is* that quick, easy and cheap.

Can I ask how often you think a person should bathe?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:18 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,778,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Oh good grief!!

I wear black almost exclusively. I am no where near depressed. I simply LIKE to wear black. Plus, it's slimming!
No. It isn't. The only thing that is "slimming" is actual weight loss.

That said - wear what you like. I know I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology