Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 08:55 AM

67 posts, read 96,703 times

Advertisements

I used to work at an organization that was run by a older black woman who acted like she was the Queen of England. She had a regal air to her and just seemed so self confident. I had never seen anything like her. She scared the living daylights out of ex military officers who had fought in wars. She did not yell or scream, but she just intimidated people like crazy.

Her persona and appearance just said self confidence. I never had seen anyone appear and act so self confident in my life. (Her eyes, her posture, her body language, her tone of voice.)

Anyway, years had passed since I worked for her company and I run into her at the grocery store. Even now, while she had no power over me, I was scared to death that I would make a fool of myself in my short 2 minutes of small talk. I was afraid she would judge me poorly and I would lose my nerve.

Why was I intimidated? Her EXTREME self confidence and the persona it gave her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 09:44 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." – Alice Walker

Old 03-31-2015, 12:13 PM

545 posts, read 632,694 times
Most people are so mentally weak that they use extremely basic and quick to determine observations to make major decisions off. Then they justify it with that everyone is concluding the same thing (do you not even have common sense you moron?)

Old 03-31-2015, 01:30 PM

652 posts, read 874,618 times
The inflation of self is commonly referred to as false self. When a person puffs themselves up to seem larger than life or above their adversary. The problem faced when dealing a true narcissist is their genius level IQ. Many theorists concluded that a narcissist would do far better in the grand scheme of things than a grounded introvert.

In psychology the dreaded terms are fundamental attribution error, hindsight bias and not being intelligent enough to analyze a patient. Thus the Stockholm Syndrome could not work with a mastermind or genius. Those who run businesses would be clueless to their own demise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology