Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2022, 01:06 PM

2,905 posts, read 996,309 times

Advertisements

My husband and I bought a house and had to sell it before we ever got a chance to live in it. The buyer made an offer of full price, which is great. But we're both bummed out that we have to sell it (he has brain and lung cancer and we need to stay close to his medical team. The house we bought is in another state.) Everyone keeps congratulating us on the upcoming sale of the house, but it feels less than celebratory to us. I spent quite a lot of time painting and doing some renovating and now I don't even get to enjoy it. I packed up everything we owned and moved it to the new house and now I'm moving it all back... and it seems like there's MORE than I originally packed up, somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 08:49 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I made the mistake of wearing cargo shorts while I was letting a pen of chickens free range yesterday afternoon and two of the half grown hens tried to eat my calf muscles. I should have known as they try to eat my blue jeans and when the get up in my lap the buttons on my shirt are considered fair game.
Haha, true story time!

One time I was wearing a blazer with gold buttons on it. I went into a store - NOT a pet store but some sort of retail store, and the owner was there and he had a big bird with him. The bird landed on my arm - that was OK. But then he started on my buttons, and began PULLING THEM OFF with some sort of clean stroke, and when I tried to shake him off, he began glaring at me like he might poke my eyes out or something. The owner had to come get him off me. Oh, and he had all my buttons still in his mouth, under his bird tongue.

It was pretty alarming.

Old 12-06-2022, 10:00 AM

815 posts, read 982,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
My husband and I bought a house and had to sell it before we ever got a chance to live in it. The buyer made an offer of full price, which is great. But we're both bummed out that we have to sell it (he has brain and lung cancer and we need to stay close to his medical team. The house we bought is in another state.) Everyone keeps congratulating us on the upcoming sale of the house, but it feels less than celebratory to us. I spent quite a lot of time painting and doing some renovating and now I don't even get to enjoy it. I packed up everything we owned and moved it to the new house and now I'm moving it all back... and it seems like there's MORE than I originally packed up, somehow.
I am so sorry that you didn't get to enjoy your new house, and for your husband's cancer. You must have so much to deal with right now.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:18 AM

2,905 posts, read 996,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
I am so sorry that you didn't get to enjoy your new house, and for your husband's cancer. You must have so much to deal with right now.
Thank you for the nice words. I really appreciate them.
It's been really rough, to say the least. It feels like the world's least fun rollercoaster... so many ups and downs and I may have barfed at least a few times.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:05 AM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
The leaves are dropping from our large Oak Trees and I have to go clean out the pool twice a day to keep from getting all clogged up.

And the water is cold when you have to dig the leaves from the traps by hand. Brrr.

Old 12-07-2022, 06:28 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
I learned to wear only long pants when out setting with the chickens in the afternoon. Today I learned the hard way to wear a long sleeved shirt.... Just because they are omnivores doesn't meant they have to try and take a hunk out of me... Tomorrow I start wearing safety glasses when shepherding them.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:49 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
We've had crews here painting the outside of our apartment building during the last week. We were just doing our best to stay out of their way and I did not expect any major changes to the color scheme... Which is that the main walls are beige, off-white, and grey, in such a scheme as to highlight the architecture of the buildings and to be vaguely harmonious with the accent colors, which are red terra cotta roofs so ubiquitous to Phoenix, and muted dark red doors and accents that pick up and compliment the red of the roofs.

Well, we'd been hearing the guys outside all day, and at some point I stepped out on the patio to smoke and boy was I in for a rude surprise. Someone has made the decision to change the color of all of the doors in the complex to this garish, super bright, assault-your-eyeballs turquoise color. Like every other color, everywhere you look, is mellow and chill...but now we have shouty blue doors. Talked to a neighbor, she hates it. She said she spoke with one of the painters, WHILE he was painting the door, and he thinks it's ugly, too. Husband came home from errands and both of us were simultaneously like, "OMG have you seen the doors?"

Old 12-08-2022, 02:41 PM

40,953 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Ever notice when you drop the TV remote it always goes like 2 feet under the couch? It can't just fall on the ground.

Must have to do with the spin of the Earth.

Old 12-08-2022, 03:39 PM

2,045 posts, read 788,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Ever notice when you drop the TV remote it always goes like 2 feet under the couch? It can't just fall on the ground.

Must have to do with the spin of the Earth.
Same as when you were a kid playing with a ball and it would wind up directly under the center of a car ...

Old 12-09-2022, 07:50 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
We ate half a pizza for lunch yesterday while traveling and place the box with the other half in the back of the van while we shopped at other places. It was supposed to be a lite supper so we didn't have to cook late. Somewhere we parked had an ant bed near enough they invaded our van and started helping themselves to our pizza and we didn't find them out until getting home.... I wish I knew where their home is so I could start Ant War I. I'd like to plant some firecrackers in their mound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology