Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2016, 03:09 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,579 times

Advertisements

I am married to a non op but has had some stuff done . He didn't tell me until 3 years after marriage but I knew .
I just want to live our lives no matter how he appears ..( he looks more like a femme male rockstar- think Marc Bolan- lots of hair or David Bowie in some of his more androgynous moments ) in presentation without focusing on it.

We have alot of things in common . Different cultures ( he is Dutch) and I will always call him he with his blessings ..
Every situation is different .. some people call him she . I don't care either way . The kids call s/he dad still. So with us we all had to give a little .

Only advice I could give is PLEASE disclose BEFORE. Its never good to go into a marriage with secrets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 03:38 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
I watched I am Cait. My thoughts were your kidding me right? Your a REPUBLICAN?

Old 03-11-2016, 04:27 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
My thoughts are Iive and let live. I seriously doubt they asked to be who they are. Let them live their life in peace.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:48 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
the big tent,, just got bigger

Old 03-11-2016, 06:14 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,389,294 times
I don't care, they are just regular people. I do feel bad for them, because it's not an easy path to take in life.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:07 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I think many of them have some serious issues and would greatly benefit from counseling. Seems like many suffer from major depression. Seems like a sad way to go through life to me. Very few people are happy with their bodies no matter their sex or sexual preference.

You'd be depressed and likely neurotic if most of society shunned you as well. As far as counseling goes, it's required for transition.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:33 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post

it might be politically incorrect to say, but the fact is we have a really good idea of what causes homosexuality and transgender thoughts. we also have a pretty decent understanding of how to "treat" it. however, for whatever reason, it has become politically incorrect to say or do these things.

i find it somewhat interesting that homosexuals and transgenders are treated one way yet pedophiles are treated completely different when there is strong evidence to show that none of them are a choice, but all of them are "treatable" in some way, shape, or form.
Oh, WE DO? That's certainly news to Science.

And to compare, once again, homosexuality with the victimization of children is egregious and inappropriate. It is not about politics, its about decency and humanity. Perhaps we need to find a way to "fix" people who think as you do. Oh, you wouldn't like that would you? Point made.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:10 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised because that's how it is with the gay men. Women are more accepting of gay men than men so maybe men are afraid the transgendered people would hit on them?
I read once where men don't like gay men because they're afraid the gay men will do to them what they do to women.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:24 AM

357 posts, read 222,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post

Unless you yourself are trans or have close relationship with someone who is - I think it is impossible not to mention Cait Jenner since for me she and her show have been a window into a subject I am not really that knowledgeable about but was curious to see what I can learn by watching her public transformation. I was hoping to get some insight into this subject that would make it more "understandable" Instead I have just been convinced from watching all of them and their stories that this is not healthy for most of them and by that I have on said show observed only 3 of the ladies that I think seem very well adjusted in life overall. By this I mean they seem to 1) accept themselves completely 2) are happy and seem to be able to socialize without constant judgement about other trans and their behavior.3) They have a life outside of the trans world too

Other than those 3 ladies all the others seem like they have a lot of serious problems with not only thinking they are trans but with way they look at every aspect of life.

I could not have a friendship with any individual who is so far out of the norm with every thing they do because we just would not have anything to commonly build friendship on - Lastly kinda runs into what I just said but I do not want to have a relationship with a person that I have to be schooled on what is proper to say and what is not. I think that there seems to be a guideline just shows yet again how much they are unadjusted as adults to life as it is. I can not walk around and ask for people to speak to me in a way only I know whether it is right or wrong and expect for them to re-educate for me - so why do they?

I can not help but feel like I have just participated in a sexual fetish of CJs and friends - I just feel very weird from her and her group.

Chaz Bono on the other hand is a person with whom I think seems to be someone I could and would be friends with and would not be embarrassed to be with ever. And to be honest I was kinda uncomfortable when I used to see him on tv or read about him before he made his transition but after I feel really good when I see him. He is another example of someone who is well adjusted period.

So it really depends on the person before I can say I would date or be involved with them on any level - overall I would say yes to only a small percentage and no to the rest. I would never be rude to or anything else negative toward any person out in public regardless.

I am white early 40s live in southwest registered democrat but thinking about changing that- have a college degree - own my own business and my house !!

Old 03-12-2016, 01:28 AM

357 posts, read 222,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I read once where men don't like gay men because they're afraid the gay men will do to them what they do to women.
I do not like any one who is deceptive about anything on any level maybe this is another reason why I dont like the general vibe I get from most trans ? Dont yank my chain and I wont yours !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology