Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:24 AM

42 posts, read 76,941 times

Advertisements

I'm so tired of getting dirty looks from men. I have tried ignoring them, telling them off, giving them dirty looks back and just walking away from it. Its because I don't look attractive but why do they care? I don't do anything wrong either which makes me even more angry. I just walk into a store and men have the most evil look on their face like I ruined their day. I want to punch them but I can't. Sometimes I walking in a parking lot to go into a store and a man will just start coughing, hacking and spitting because I walked by, to try to intimidate me...
I try to ignore it by realizing they are pathetic but it's not enough.. I am building my self esteem because I was raised without it but it's hard because I don't get a llot of support minus the crap I have to deal with on a daily basis. Men believe that if a women is beautiful, she deserves kindess and anything less deserves to be ignored or ridiculed. Maybe not for older women but young women this is true. How do I deal with it without so much anger anymore because I don't need their negativity in my life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 08:30 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Are you sure it is because of you? I get dirty looks too. Many people have dirty looks without knowing it. It is their normal BRF (bitchy resting face). I don't take it personal.

I sometimes stare at people at the gym without realizing it at first because I am in gym mode and don't even see their faces.

Maybe it is all in your mind?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:35 AM

Oh I meant to add please don't ask if its all in my mind, it is not. I think many guys know exactly what I'm talking about

Old 11-10-2016, 08:40 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain2222 View Post
I'm so tired of getting dirty looks from men. I have tried ignoring them, telling them off, giving them dirty looks back and just walking away from it. Its because I don't look attractive but why do they care? I don't do anything wrong either which makes me even more angry. I just walk into a store and men have the most evil look on their face like I ruined their day. I want to punch them but I can't. Sometimes I walking in a parking lot to go into a store and a man will just start coughing, hacking and spitting because I walked by, to try to intimidate me...
I try to ignore it by realizing they are pathetic but it's not enough.. I am building my self esteem because I was raised without it but it's hard because I don't get a llot of support minus the crap I have to deal with on a daily basis. Men believe that if a women is beautiful, she deserves kindess and anything less deserves to be ignored or ridiculed. Maybe not for older women but young women this is true. How do I deal with it without so much anger anymore because I don't need their negativity in my life?
Sounds like you have issues, and you are seeing what you want to see...

Old 11-10-2016, 08:42 AM

If you aren't going to be supportive and just be insulting and say its all in my head, don't bother answering

Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 AM

343 posts, read 316,535 times
who cares, give them the evil eye and continue about your day.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
This is not a support group, it is a message board.
If you don't want opinions, don't post.

There is no way all men are conspiring against you....
have you considered therapy?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:00 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,757,886 times
Therapy may be a good idea. It sounds like you think everyone is mad at you. Not all men (or people) are mad at you.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/psych...eyes-they.html

Old 11-10-2016, 09:00 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain2222 View Post
This feels like a rhetorical question.

I'm not sure there is an appropriate response to be had, here.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:38 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Okay, so what do you want to hear then?

Yes, all men are bad? Poor you?

Or

What are you doing to make them look dirty to you? Are you uncombed? Smelly? Wear clothes that won't fit? Too tight? too short, belly hanging out? Bad hair cut? Wearing pajama outside the house? You are a woman, we have tons of tricks to make ourselve look okay even if we aren't blessed with the beauty gene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology