Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 05:49 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox67 View Post
I'm 19, I've been gay since before I even knew what being gay was. My family is your typical Christian family, and that's where the conflict lies. I consider myself a Christian, I go to church, read, pray, try being a good person, but I'm gay. Recently, I came out to my family, then left, I'm in the Marines, 3000 miles away, and across an ocean. My family took it very well, especially compared to how I thought they would. But the problem is, I'm not okay with being gay, and I put the blame on them for making me hate myself.

A few days ago, I cut all ties to them, I changed my number, They don't have my address, they have no way of talking to me, I know its a ****ty thing to do, I understand that, but I don't regret it.

I just want to stop hating myself. Has anyone else had this issue, and been able to fix it? I just want to fix it, I tried being straight, it didn't work, I just want to not hate myself.

Be happy with who you are.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:07 AM

624 posts, read 370,935 times
The reason you cut off your family is because YOU alone don't accept yourself.

You can't fix being gay. Your probably surrounded by men that you find very attractive and you may get hard sometimes that's probably why you feel the need to fix it.

Also while you were growing you knew how your family felt about gays. You can still get along with your family and still disagree. That doesn't mean that they don't love you. My family are weary about gays, one if my cousins she's a lesbian she accepted herself but she is a aware on how the family feels about it, but they still love her.

Your family can't help the way they feel because thats how they were brought up. Just accept you for who you are.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertFox67 View Post
I'm 19, I've been gay since before I even knew what being gay was. My family is your typical Christian family, and that's where the conflict lies. I consider myself a Christian, I go to church, read, pray, try being a good person, but I'm gay. Recently, I came out to my family, then left, I'm in the Marines, 3000 miles away, and across an ocean. My family took it very well, especially compared to how I thought they would. But the problem is, I'm not okay with being gay, and I put the blame on them for making me hate myself.

A few days ago, I cut all ties to them, I changed my number, They don't have my address, they have no way of talking to me, I know its a ****ty thing to do, I understand that, but I don't regret it.

I just want to stop hating myself. Has anyone else had this issue, and been able to fix it? I just want to fix it, I tried being straight, it didn't work, I just want to not hate myself.
You will never be happy until you be true to yourself and accept yourself for who and what you are. I had a friend who was smart. Born and raised in the housing projects. Was an A student in high school. He moved out of state after high school and was attending college, where he got good grades there too. However, his Mom died while he was in college. He had a little brother who was crippled, could not communicate and invalent. The state was going to put him in a home, because there was no one to care for him. Consequently, my friend dropped out of college and moved back home, to the projects, to take care of his brother. He took care of him for about 15 years, before my friend died.

My friend gave up everything....his happiness, his promising future, to move back to living in the projects taking care of his sibling. He grew to regret that decision, I could tell. However, had he not decided to go back home and take responsibility for his sibling, it would have eaten him up inside, because that is the type of person he was. It was damn if he did and damned if he did not.

All I can tell you is that Sometimes life throws things at you and you have to make a choice, but whatever choice you make....make sure you are true to yourself and as long as you are not hurting anyone else.....live your life without regrets and find happiness in the choice that you make. You only get one life to live. If your parents have accepted you for the TRUE you....then why cut them off? Cutting yourself off from loved ones will only make your situation worse....you need them more than ever now....and don't let shame make your situation worse.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:50 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Your Bible insight is lacking. Jesus condemned Sodom & Gomorrah. Homosexuality is indeed a sin, Old & New Testament. You can try to denigrate the Bible, but you're just another fool.
Instead of concentrating on the sins of others I much prefer Paul's words " work on your own salvation with fear and trembling" That sort of keeps me in check of being a judge of others and looking at the imperfections in my own life. I try to avoid being self righteous since the bible says " your self righteousness is nothing but dirty rags" {paraphrased} and of course I fail at times.

Instead of beating the Op over the head with a bible which he does not need since he said he goes to church, myself and others are trying to steer the OP to mend relations with family and seek help. As far as his sin I have my own to worry about and I am working out my salvation with fear and trembling I am no angel.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:56 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
My kids are my kids till I take a dirt nap. If one was gay I would certainly not run around cheering about it but I would hug them and tell them I will always be dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Instead of concentrating on the sins of others I much prefer Paul's words " work on your own salvation with fear and trembling" That sort of keeps me in check of being a judge of others and looking at the imperfections in my own life. I try to avoid being self righteous since the bible says " your self righteousness is nothing but dirty rags" {paraphrased} and of course I fail at times.

Instead of beating the Op over the head with a bible which he does not need since he said he goes to church, myself and others are trying to steer the OP to mend relations with family and seek help. As far as his sin I have my own to worry about and I am working out my salvation with fear and trembling I am no angel.
For those that actually read the gospels. Jesus did not hang around the high priest and had little use for the boastful and self righteous. I see the self righteous like many famous "religious" people on TV.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:58 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Time to get some professional help to get your mind in a better place. All of us have certain things that we do no like about ourselves, and it is hard to relate to your particular circumstances, but there are professionals and groups who can provide support and advice.

Good luck, and please find some professional to talk with.
This^

Good luck buddy... hope you find peace.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:00 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You've accepted the premise that he was born gay. Great! You've overcome the biggest hurdle your kind seems to have with this subject. So once you've accepted that premise, it follows then that you must accept the premise that God made him that way. God is perfect, and so that which is perfect, by definition, cannot render something that is imperfect. In other words, God wouldn't have made him gay if God didn't want him to be gay......

( this assumes the existence of a God in the first place, which I don't believe in, but I'm trying to speak your language )
Wrong. God made a swamp full of alligators, but He didn't intend for you to take a swim. Use your head. As to homosexuals, we live in a fallen world, so things are out of order. Likewise, homosexual acts are out of order.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
God made me with huge appetite for sweets, pastry and other tasty stuff. Does he wants me to be 400 pounds?
Exactly.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Having an appetite for sweets does not necessarily mean overeating. Being gay does not necessarily mean being promiscuous.

Analogy fail.
A homosexual cannot inherit the Kingdom of God by practicing homosexuality; that sin, along with all other sin, must be overcome -- and Jesus is the only way that such things are possible.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
WTF? Do you think your helping? This poor guy is having some major psychological problems and you're quoting Bible verses? Really? Have some compassion please....
You're the ones destroying people with your lies & deceit. The Bible is the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology