Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 01:26 PM

950 posts, read 692,461 times

Advertisements

In my case, what makes me want to live is because my therapist believes in reincarnation, so he told me that if I die from suicide, then my next reincarnation will be simply to continue and resume the same problem I have right now. So suicide would not solve my problem at all. Instead, it would result in the resumption of the same problem.
After pondering on it, I realized it makes sense because suicide would be too easy a solution. In other words, too good to be true.

Also having reincarnation as an afterlife makes much more sense than the Christian belief of an eternal Hell. How can a God so cruelly and sadistically torture people in an excruciating furnace for all eternity? And it gets even worse when Fundamentalists insist that any Non-Christian will suffer the same torture eternally. Even if the Non-Christian has been law-abiding and charitable for his entire life, he will still suffer the same agonizing fate, according to the Evangelicals.
So that's why reincarnation makes more sense to me. At least it helps me in preventing suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 01:47 PM

378 posts, read 230,219 times
Do you mean surviving a suicide attempt or overcoming suicidal thoughts?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:55 PM

605 posts, read 491,411 times
i believe he stated in the other suicide thread that he attempted one many years back.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
In my case, what makes me want to live is because my therapist believes in reincarnation, so he told me that if I die from suicide, then my next reincarnation will be simply to continue and resume the same problem I have right now.
Wow ... that is seriously messed up. I cannot believe a professional would say that to you.

I am sorry that you have felt the need to attempt suicide. In my experience, motivating someone through avoidance and fear is not as effective as teaching them through the positive motivation.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:22 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,043 times
When I found out that I had stage 3 lung cancer, I was ready to end it because of the fear of having to go through the surgeries, chemo, and radiation. What kept me alive was the wishes of my wife and son who urged me to take the journey to recovery and endure the hardships in the hope that all will be resolved.
Just finished my 2nd chemo treatment and am still enduring the nightmare without a lot of pain and anguish so far.
Suicide is a selfish act but sometimes you have to think of the your other loved ones around you and keep on fighting for more time on this planet.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:23 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
"There is no problem so bad that suicide can't make it worse."

Old 02-06-2018, 06:20 PM

950 posts, read 692,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
When I found out that I had stage 3 lung cancer, I was ready to end it because of the fear of having to go through the surgeries, chemo, and radiation. What kept me alive was the wishes of my wife and son who urged me to take the journey to recovery and endure the hardships in the hope that all will be resolved.
Just finished my 2nd chemo treatment and am still enduring the nightmare without a lot of pain and anguish so far.
Suicide is a selfish act but sometimes you have to think of the your other loved ones around you and keep on fighting for more time on this planet.
Bravo to you, Nick, what a tough battle you fight and are obviously winning. Tougher than the battle that I had to fight. My hat's off to you.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:17 PM

510 posts, read 370,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post

Something that can help many is CBD oil, which is legal in US as the THC is under 0.3% and often zero. For the biggest dose 3,000 mg per 1 oz bottle, cost is about $150 per oz for what they call this 30 day supply. Unfortunately, a stage 4 cancer may require 10 times this dose. Best wishes.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:40 PM

510 posts, read 370,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
In my case, what makes me want to live is because my therapist believes in reincarnation, so he told me that if I die from suicide, then my next reincarnation will be simply to continue and resume the same problem I have right now. So suicide would not solve my problem at all. Instead, it would result in the resumption of the same problem.
After pondering on it, I realized it makes sense because suicide would be too easy a solution. In other words, too good to be true.

Also having reincarnation as an afterlife makes much more sense than the Christian belief of an eternal Hell. How can a God so cruelly and sadistically torture people in an excruciating furnace for all eternity? And it gets even worse when Fundamentalists insist that any Non-Christian will suffer the same torture eternally. Even if the Non-Christian has been law-abiding and charitable for his entire life, he will still suffer the same agonizing fate, according to the Evangelicals.
So that's why reincarnation makes more sense to me. At least it helps me in preventing suicide.

Best thing I know for preventing suicide is CBD oil (cannabidiol). For the strongest concentration 3,000 mg is about $150 and is considered a 30 day supply. It is legal in all 50 states according to sellers, but when I last checked Wikipedia it said illegal in SD. For fighting cancer dose may need to be 1 gram a day. In some states, cannabis oil including THC is legal. NORML.org has the laws for all states. Best wishes.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:12 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
In college, at the end of my sophomore year I had a bad cold, and overmedicated it with Codeine and Tylenol. That caused me to miss some lectures and generally fall behind. And the drugs themselves got me depressed. So one night in April 1977 I started walking back and forth across a bridge over a tall gorge.

Somehow, after my parents picked me up from Cornell, I returned and finished out the semester. Dried out from the medication, next semester was a lot better. There have been ups and downs since, but basically, with the help of my parents and the few friends I had left (that's another story) I took care of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology