Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 04:20 PM

710 posts, read 584,171 times

Advertisements

Do you have any habits that other people may think are weird or odd? Mine is that when I’m at the store, sometimes I don’t grab items from the front of the shelf but from in the middle or back out of fear of the first one being “tainted” since it’s in the front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 04:55 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,777,131 times
That's it?

Old 02-18-2018, 05:04 PM

710 posts, read 584,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
That's it?
I have more.

I always look at my reflection when I’m outside, whether it be car windows, building windows, or random mirrors.

I always constantly check to make sure I set my alarm (even if I’ve already done it) and make sure I turned the stove off and locked the door even though I know I already did. I can’t lay down and peacefully sleep unless I do those things.

I also position my phone apps to where the related ones are next to each other. Social media apps are next to each other, same with sports apps, news related apps, etc.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:09 PM

603 posts, read 445,105 times
I never drink the last sip of milk in a glass.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:28 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,370 times
I feed squirrels every single day. Usually there are about 2 dozen squirrels in my yard in the morning to greet me. I don't "put" peanuts out for them. I hand them peanuts personally. I throw peanuts directly to them like we're playing a game of "catch." Sometimes my aim is off and I'll bonk one in the butt. Then I have to say, "Oops! Sorry, Squirrel! I didn't mean to nail you in the rump." (Sounds worse when I type it out than it did in my head.) In the springtime, the chipmunks also get in on the action. I also feed chickadees from the palm of my hand. I'll stand with seeds in my hand and they will take turns grabbing seeds. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm cuckoo. I do not care. The squirrels love me.

I'll wait until you get more answers to share the rest of my weird and odd habits.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:58 PM

8,478 posts, read 6,880,671 times
To avoid public ridicule I choose to remain silent.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:46 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I have more.

I always look at my reflection when I’m outside, whether it be car windows, building windows, or random mirrors.

I always constantly check to make sure I set my alarm (even if I’ve already done it) and make sure I turned the stove off and locked the door even though I know I already did. I can’t lay down and peacefully sleep unless I do those things.

I also position my phone apps to where the related ones are next to each other. Social media apps are next to each other, same with sports apps, news related apps, etc.
I also glance at my reflection when I see it in various places such as windows/mirrors. Glad that I am not the only one who does this, lol.

My DH is a "checker" who likes to double check the door locks, make sure the stove is off, make sure his alarm is correctly set, etc. I'm not a checker myself.

DH has certain things that he likes in a certain place, too. Shoes have a certain place by the desk and pills have their own place on the desk ,too

Another odd habit I have I guess is drawing/doodling whenever I am on the phone. I also tend to draw all over the desk calendars, with both detailed drawings and cartoons. Compulsive artist?

I always have to soap/rinse myself twice in the shower even though I don't sweat a lot. Just a thing that I have.

I also collect odd little things like pine cones, acorns, nuts/bolts, and pick up paperclips.

huh. I guess I'm stranger than I thought

Old 02-18-2018, 07:37 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,370 times
I use my toes to pick things up from the floor and deposit them into the garbage receptacle.

I "warble-whistle" like an old fella sometimes (not in public. Put the pitchforks away!) I can sound exactly like a bird singing. I like to fool cats.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:37 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,045,913 times
I have to play solitaire or Roll the Ball on my phone when on the toilet.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:22 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,182,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Do you have any habits that other people may think are weird or odd? Mine is that when I’m at the store, sometimes I don’t grab items from the front of the shelf but from in the middle or back out of fear of the first one being “tainted” since it’s in the front.
+1, my fellow weirdo, I do that too!

I have other weird little habits and/or mannerisms I do as well, but I'm having trouble thinking of more atm.
Oh, wait, I tend to talk to myself a lot. Idk if that's still considered odd nowadays, because I see a LOT of people doing it. Maybe I'm just a weirdo surrounded by weirdos, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology