Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 10:57 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,069,372 times

Advertisements

Maybe it hasn't and it's just me, but it seems that a lot of people are not happy with the genders lately, and you see a lot more people wanting to be 'gender neutral', or wanting to switch genders, or be acknowledged as the opposite ones, of what they are, for example.

It just seems that maybe about 10 years ago, a lot more people were happy with themselves, and who they are, and how they were born, but now so many more people, want to change and is dissatisfied with their genders now. But what was it that caused this to happen in recent years? Was there a particular event or someone that inspired a lot of people, not to be comfortable with the genders?

I mean usually when someone decides to change something about themselves, a lot of people usually do not follow in that person's foot steps. For example, when Michael Jackson decided he wanted to look white, you don't really see that causing a huge inspiration in society. Not a lot of people are wanting to change races, or be acknowledged as a different race other than they are. They were indifferent to Michael Jackson decision, and were happy with their races.

But now a lot of people are unhappy with the genders for some reason and I was just wondering, what has caused that, out of curiosity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2017, 01:41 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,526 times
I think it has always been an issue for a certain number of people who only now feel safe enough to share their experience and try to live in a way that is true to themselves.

Its a lot like what happened once the stigma of being left handed started to fade - suddenly a lot of people were left handed.

So, nothing "caused it to happen" because such people have always been with us.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:52 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
People have too much time on their hands.

They feel the sensation to follow too many fads and hop too many band wagons.

Either that is it, or there is just an overage of bat crazy people in this world. And when you consider all the drugs, toxins, and excesses of the 60s and 70s, really, no wonder!

Old 12-23-2017, 02:11 PM

671 posts, read 445,465 times
Mental illness.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:42 PM

Oh okay. I was talking about it to a friend of mine, and she said that the reason why a lot of men want to be women now is that women get employment easier and get by a lot easier in a lot of situations compared to men, so it makes life easier for them. But do you think that's true though?

Old 12-23-2017, 03:25 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,095,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay. I was talking about it to a friend of mine, and she said that the reason why a lot of men want to be women now is that women get employment easier and get by a lot easier in a lot of situations compared to men, so it makes life easier for them. But do you think that's true though?
Short answer: Hockey puck! Women always draw the short end of the straw when it comes to getting a good paying job,with advancement. ALWAYS! And I'm a male. My wife could run circles around many a male in the upper echelon of business, but alas she cannot, due to her indoor plumbing.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:40 PM

Okay I'm kind of lost though. You are saying this is only with certain jobs?

Old 12-23-2017, 03:45 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,095,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay I'm kind of lost though. You are saying this is only with certain jobs?
If you are talking to me, then I'll say it is with most excel jobs.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:22 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,526 times
The real question is; why do so many people think its their business how others want to live their lives? Getting up in arms about someone else's choices that having nothing to do with you is...pathetic.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:40 PM

Oh I was just curious what caused the revolution in recent years, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology