Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 11:16 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times

Advertisements

It's always possible the son is hers from a previous relationship, or adopted, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 01:18 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
The mother would be more sure then the Dad. Why do I not give her 100% certainty?
She could have been doped during a c section. The baby could have been switched at birth. The surrogate mom could have received the wrong egg or sperms. There are many varieties which could alter the true heritage of the young one.
In my real life scenario,my sons former wife simply lied . For 12 years I sensed this child didn't carry some of our genetic indicators. My son was told only when the blood test came back . To this day my son refuses to acknowledge that this child is sired by another. He just cannot come to terms that this female lied. He absolutely cannot absorb that level of deception. So even though my son is high iq and can be logical, this entire emotional side of denial has impacted us all in the family.
Legally it's not by blood to be deemed the legal parent. Go figure. So all those springer shows mean nothing. Doesn't matter what the dna proves. The states only care that someone pay up for a minor.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:49 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
I knew my two boys were mine when I first saw them. Spitting image that became stronger as they grew up.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:01 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
The mother would be more sure then the Dad. Why do I not give her 100% certainty?
She could have been doped during a c section. The baby could have been switched at birth. The surrogate mom could have received the wrong egg or sperms. There are many varieties which could alter the true heritage of the young one.
In my real life scenario,my sons former wife simply lied . For 12 years I sensed this child didn't carry some of our genetic indicators. My son was told only when the blood test came back . To this day my son refuses to acknowledge that this child is sired by another. He just cannot come to terms that this female lied. He absolutely cannot absorb that level of deception. So even though my son is high iq and can be logical, this entire emotional side of denial has impacted us all in the family.
Legally it's not by blood to be deemed the legal parent. Go figure. So all those springer shows mean nothing. Doesn't matter what the dna proves. The states only care that someone pay up for a minor.

I think, if the mother is allowed to see her baby right at birth, than she knows what her baby looks like, and would be able to pick her baby out of a crowded nursery.

Now...if she was knocked out for a C-section...it might be different, but I think MOST C-sections are done with a local now.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:11 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boring View Post
Why not take a blood test to be sure? "If you haven't done anything wrong, you've got nothing to worry about."
Her parents have passed away, now. And they accepted it. They didn't question it, the whole time they were raising her. I could ask her, if she'd be interested in having her DNA done, just for fun, and we can see what comes up....

Old 07-09-2019, 02:15 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
That isn't entirely true. Its complicated. Springer shows all to often involve unmarried couples anyway. And do you think that your son may have decided that it wasn't worth upending the child's life, the same child that he'd raised and loved as his own? Do adoptive parents love their kid any less? And, if at the time of the divorce he found that out he may well have not been required to pay child support.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Dude knows what's up, at least in the back of his mind. If he wants to live the delusion that's his business. I wouldn't bring it up

That's the best answer so far. Very Okkham blade true. Keep it simple. He chose to "own" it, and if it fits his fancy - amen to that. "we had black person 10 generations ago in our bloodline" will be up to his wife to explain to him, if he ever inquires. She'll strip him naked during divorce, having a child. And place alimony yoke on him for years. Got to have some cojones to do it.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-09-2019 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate, off-topic comment.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:48 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Well...how's it anyone's business really, whatever the story is?

My oldest looks kind of Asian. I think it's the Native American blood showing up, on my side of the family. I've had people ask if he's adopted...which he was not. Me and my husband (at the time) are his parents.

Back to OP and OP's post, it seems pointless to me to make assumptions. For all intents and purposes, he's his father's kid.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's always possible the son is hers from a previous relationship, or adopted, too.
Right. Or any number of other scenarios. The way I see it, the parents have absolutely ZERO obligation to share these scenarios or whatever with the OP.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:03 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I wonder if this is normal among parents though, like a syndrome if you will, where as they are in love with their child, and do not realize it's probably not theirs, no matter how unlike you they look?
I certainly hope they are "so in love with their child" – as that it what every child deserves.

You have no idea what the actual situation is and how this child came to be – nor do his parents owe you any explanations. But it is entirely possible the son is their biological child – genetics being the tricky business they are.

Even if all the close relatives going back appear to be "white," there may be a more distant dark-skinned ancestor whose genes have finally been expressed. This is sometimes referred to as a "throwback."

Since you like movies, look for the movie "Skin," which is the story of Sandra Laing, a black child born to white Afrikaner parents in South Africa in 1955. There is also a documentary you could find on youtube as well as articles about her if you Google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology