Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2022, 01:06 AM

102 posts, read 97,336 times

Advertisements

Last nights dream took me by surprise.
For some reason I went looking for my Mother whom I have not seen or spoken to in 49 years.
If she was still alive she would be about 92.
There were several people with me, though I do not know who they were. Also two dogs accompanied me. A Pug and not sure about the other one.
I had heard that she lived on Devine Rd in a suburb of Hobart, Tasmania.
So I ended up in a hotel in that suburb and was asking everyone there where Devine Rd was. No one knew where Devine Rd was.
The only thing to do was to go door knocking, asking people where the Rd was. We all traipsed out of the Hotel and began knocking and asking. For hours this went on and it was now dark. Finally one Lady told me where it was and we set out.
When finally we reached the house it was about 10 pm, I knocked on the door, a lady answered but I could not see her face because she never turned a light on, afraid of strangers?
So I asked her if she was Margaret, and used her married name when she was my Mother but I instantly corrected myself and used her new married name.
She said yes and I told her who I was. She tentatively said, "Well come in but only you, not all those other people and definitely not those mutt Pugs.
I still had not seen her face, she stepped aside to let me in. I walked past her into a totally dark house, she shut the door and I woke up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2022, 04:20 AM

14,786 posts, read 8,126,158 times
Bit of trivia:

There is a Devine Real Estate company in Hobart, Tasmania.

https://www.ratemyagent.com.au/real-...tings/for-sale

Old 07-03-2022, 02:57 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,442,416 times
I also dream dreams...

2 nights ago I had a dream where a big giant "object" appeared in the sky. It was so big the whole world could see it, and people were very afraid. It just stood there and nothing more. From what I remember it was like a warship made of concrete. Then suddenly after a day and night, a different object appeared in the sky. People were in fear and also perplexed because we were not sure if the second object would attack the first, or attack us. But the second object seemed to give us some hope that it would destroy the first.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:15 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,920,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I also dream dreams...

2 nights ago I had a dream where a big giant "object" appeared in the sky. It was so big the whole world could see it, and people were very afraid. It just stood there and nothing more. From what I remember it was like a warship made of concrete. Then suddenly after a day and night, a different object appeared in the sky. People were in fear and also perplexed because we were not sure if the second object would attack the first, or attack us. But the second object seemed to give us some hope that it would destroy the first.
You might be subconsciously remembering giant alien spaceships from any number of SciFi movies or TV shows.

"V"

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160325234249

Independence Day

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...a29b7f7f7c48e8

Old 07-07-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
You might be subconsciously remembering giant alien spaceships from any number of SciFi movies or TV shows.

"V"

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160325234249

Independence Day

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...a29b7f7f7c48e8
The second picture was scary for sure. In my dream the object was shaped more like a ship, a long ship, and it was white like a cloud, but very big and scary. I also had another dream before that. Someone cut off my hand. Then I picked it up with my other hand which was full of cuts, and held it and both hands were shaking each other, more like clasping each other. Then the dream ended.

I have no idea what these dreams mean. I wonder if maybe they could mean war. Sometimes i dream about futuristic events. But I don't know.

Old 07-08-2022, 09:05 AM

5,660 posts, read 3,167,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The second picture was scary for sure. In my dream the object was shaped more like a ship, a long ship, and it was white like a cloud, but very big and scary. I also had another dream before that. Someone cut off my hand. Then I picked it up with my other hand which was full of cuts, and held it and both hands were shaking each other, more like clasping each other. Then the dream ended.

I have no idea what these dreams mean. I wonder if maybe they could mean war. Sometimes i dream about futuristic events. But I don't know.
You know that saying "One hand doesn't know what the other is doing"?

Perhaps you dream means that you've been 'juggling' a lot of things, and it's taken a hard toll on you. So much so, that you had to let something important to you go. Or maybe you had to let SOMEONE go. Someone or something you depended on. So you had to let 'it' go...but in the end, you were able to reconcile the situation.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:41 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,558,628 times
Interesting thread. I'll join in:

Early this AM, I dreamed I stepped onto a bus here on the hill where I live, and rode down to our city's business center. When I arrived the bus was a subway (we don't have subways in Washington state), and the station was a platform that led off into scantly lighted tunnels. I followed some people into one, and somehow they disappeared into the walls. I stood there wondering what to do.

I saw a lighted sign for a ladies room and stepped in, only to find that it was an entrance to an underground mall with a dance club. There was a window into it, but no door. I watched. Someone walked up from behind me and through the window. I touched the window but it was solid.

That went on for some time, me walking towards a light, only to find it went nowhere. Then I found myself in a truly underground (dirt floor) area. People were sleeping in corners, huddled in packs like puppies. A man walked up and asked for my reservation. I woke up.

Old 07-10-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
You know that saying "One hand doesn't know what the other is doing"?

Perhaps you dream means that you've been 'juggling' a lot of things, and it's taken a hard toll on you. So much so, that you had to let something important to you go. Or maybe you had to let SOMEONE go. Someone or something you depended on. So you had to let 'it' go...but in the end, you were able to reconcile the situation.

I like what you say about "reconciling the situation". There might be great truth in that. I have been very stressed out lately, and even though things have been pretty dark, I have hope that things can get better.

As for losing a hand like that, it reminded me of the mythological Norse God Tyr, who lost his arm as a sacrifice so that the Gods could trap the giant wolf. But that's just mythology, and I'm not really into any of that. It just reminded me of it when you said "had to let something important go".

Thank you for your assessment of my dream. I do appreciate the feedback.

Old 04-29-2024, 10:58 PM

10,022 posts, read 8,655,225 times
Spring is here and I've begun my yearly war with wasps, hornets, yellow jackets. They don't waste time building their nests around my house and I have been stung more than my share of times.

Anyway, I had a weird dream the other day while taking a nap. In the dream I went into my garage and noticed a small hole in the ceiling next to the wall. There were hundreds of wasps crawling in and out of it and I began spraying them with a can of wasp killer.

They started screaming in tiny human voices as they were dropping to the floor dead, the ground was covered with their carcasses. My can was getting low. Suddenly my garage morphed into a large combination Home Depot/ automotive repair place. I saw a couple of mechanics talking to a customer and I asked where they kept the cans of wasp spray but they just stared at me.

Then a woman customer walked by and said I shouldn't be killing them because they are important to us. I replied, " As long as stinging and biting insects exist, I shall be on the warpath. " Suddenly some strange looking guy came right up to me and said, " You can't win this."

He kept inching closer and I started to fear for my safety so I sprayed what was left in the can into his face. His flesh started coming off revealing a giant wasp head. I began beating him with the empty can until he fell down. I then ran down one of the long aisles and found 4 more cans of wasp spray on the shelf.

As I was running back to finish my battle I began to wonder if all the people in that place were giant wasps disguised as humans. When I got to the spot i saw that it had changed into my garage again. There was no sign that anything had taken place there. All the wasp bodies were gone and there was no hole in the ceiling.

You know what I did that day after I woke up ?
I went to Home Depot and bought some cans of wasp spray.

Old Today, 10:58 AM

2,126 posts, read 1,055,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretrick View Post
Last nights dream took me by surprise.
For some reason I went looking for my Mother whom I have not seen or spoken to in 49 years.
If she was still alive she would be about 92.
There were several people with me, though I do not know who they were. Also two dogs accompanied me. A Pug and not sure about the other one.
I had heard that she lived on Devine Rd in a suburb of Hobart, Tasmania.
So I ended up in a hotel in that suburb and was asking everyone there where Devine Rd was. No one knew where Devine Rd was.
The only thing to do was to go door knocking, asking people where the Rd was. We all traipsed out of the Hotel and began knocking and asking. For hours this went on and it was now dark. Finally one Lady told me where it was and we set out.
When finally we reached the house it was about 10 pm, I knocked on the door, a lady answered but I could not see her face because she never turned a light on, afraid of strangers?
So I asked her if she was Margaret, and used her married name when she was my Mother but I instantly corrected myself and used her new married name.
She said yes and I told her who I was. She tentatively said, "Well come in but only you, not all those other people and definitely not those mutt Pugs.
I still had not seen her face, she stepped aside to let me in. I walked past her into a totally dark house, she shut the door and I woke up.
Dreams are really none other than your brain "sorting data". All memories, all experiences, all feelings, everything about you and your life run through your brain. When sleeping, sometimes seen as a "dream", your brain sorts the data and jumbles things up and usually dreams make no sense at all.

There are, however, dreams triggered by much pain and thought, like as in the loss of a loved one. The dream allows them to appear to you. These dreams are usually uplifting. Anything that consumes your heart and mind will be in the sorting process. I think we dream every time we sleep, but don't remember most of them. We try to analyze the ones we do recall, but that can't really hold true answers. Just be glad it was a dream, and not a night terror or a nighmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology