Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 07:03 AM

3,176 posts, read 1,274,616 times

Advertisements

I drink 1 liter of vodka when I drink. Do you think it is too much?

Old 10-12-2022, 07:04 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,850 times
Do you?

Old 10-12-2022, 07:27 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,095,200 times
How often do you drink? Is there an impact to your quality of life, health and relationships with those around you?

I am dealing with a close friend who has a drinking problem; she can literally consume an entire bottle of vodka in a single setting. She drinks daily as well from morning to night. It has had a dramatic impact to her life which is pretty toxic right now. She is like family to me and it is so toxic that I've had to step out of her life. It is a very emotional and painful experience to watch someone close go down the drain.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...ng-friend.html

My friend also holds her liquor very well; meaning she can fake sobriety. However, there is a behavior and personality changes that are telling signs. There is also a condition called "Wet Brain" which one who consumes so much alcohol should be of a concern

https://americanaddictioncenters.org...ment/wet-brain

Last edited by usayit; 10-12-2022 at 07:36 AM..

Old 10-12-2022, 07:36 AM

36,417 posts, read 16,024,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
I think that's scary. How many hours to drink that liter?

Old 10-12-2022, 07:43 AM

17,365 posts, read 16,505,917 times
That is too much, especially in one sitting. How often do you do this?

Old 10-12-2022, 08:01 AM

88,557 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
How often do you drink? Is there an impact to your quality of life, health and relationships with those around you?

I am dealing with a close friend who has a drinking problem; she can literally consume an entire bottle of vodka in a single setting. She drinks daily as well from morning to night. It has had a dramatic impact to her life which is pretty toxic right now. She is like family to me and it is so toxic that I've had to step out of her life. It is a very emotional and painful experience to watch someone close go down the drain.

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/non...ng-friend.html

My friend also holds her liquor very well; meaning she can fake sobriety. However, there is a behavior and personality changes that are telling signs. There is also a condition called "Wet Brain" which one who consumes so much alcohol should be of a concern

https://americanaddictioncenters.org...ment/wet-brain
I had a similar friend. Vodka was her drug of choice, too. For a time in my life, she was the best friend anyone could have. I first knew her through work as she was spiraling downward. She would go out to lunch and just not come back, or come back to her desk smashed at 3 pm. Finally her supervisor called her in and said they wanted her to go to the Employee Assistance Program, and she quit her job. She was there 11 years, great health benefits, a state pension, and she quit because she did not want to quit drinking.

Called a couple of years later to say she had been sober for a year. She stayed sober for seven years. Then she started a dating a man who would have one drink before dinner, and she told herself she could do that, too. It wasn't long before she was back to the bottle a day of vodka, keeping enough in the bottle at night so that she could have a slug upon awakening and not have a seizure. We all tried to help, and she made some feeble attempts at going to AA, but I finally had to cut her out of my life, and she was dead at 51 of cirrhosis.

And she became wet-brained. Couldn't remember what she had just said, rambled on not making any sense. Best heart, funny girl, lots of fun to be with when she wasn't sloshed. That's what I try to remember.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:03 AM

88,557 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Yes, of course it is. You are no different from other human beings. A liter of vodka is going to harm you just as it would anyone.

Is this an everyday occurrence?

Old 10-12-2022, 08:18 AM

4,527 posts, read 2,664,836 times
1 liter of vodka at a sitting?

You need to stop, and you need to stop now. Most people drinking that much would be in the hospital.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:07 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
I am surprised they could type their post.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:18 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,720,617 times
You are going down a hellhole fast, my friend. Alcoholism is a progressive disease. You can drink the same amount every day, but with every day you will get drunker faster, your hangovers will be worse, your withdrawal symptoms will become more painful, and the physical damage will escalate.

I don't foresee a good ending for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.