Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 04:49 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,824,892 times

Advertisements

https://www.facebook.com/MikeMurray2...19642924751804

Here's a response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 AM

397 posts, read 814,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Not far at all from us
What airline are you flying from PG to AC?
It is Republic Airlines. I think it is a charter from Ceasars Entertainment.

I wish an airline would fly from PG to AC on a regular basis or even into Philadelphia.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:50 AM

397 posts, read 814,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Just a marketing technique to get you in the door.
Well, how's this for marketing??? Because PORT CHARLOTTE HONDA stooped to this BS scam, I will not even consider shopping there when we lease/buy a new car next spring.

I don't get mad......I just get even.....LOL

My girfriends daughter told us a story about a guy that worked with her. He had gotten one of those "keys" that if it starts the car you win the car.
He went to the dealership, put the key in the ignition and it started.......No he didn't win the car. That just put him into drawing after drawing, until he finally just gave up.
I don't know how dealerships think this type of BS is good for business!!

I was a salesman at a Ford dealership in new jersey in '99. I lasted about 6 months. I just couldn't deal with all the shananigans that they pull with customers. Every promo was a sham and we would put customers in new cars that we knew they could not afford. I would never do it again !!!

I was well aware this was another sham ( not really a scam), just had to prove it to my girlfriend.
thanks for everyones input.
Ted

Old 04-21-2015, 07:02 AM

281 posts, read 406,290 times
Car dealers and most of their sales people are the absolute scum of the earth. They will lie,cheat you and take any other action to sell you a car. I have no idea how they do what they do and sleep at night.

Any ad from a car dealer is total BS. Put it in the trash.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:02 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,638,175 times
I think it's like those letters I kept getting from the local Toyota place in GA saying there was a huge shortage in used cars (???) and they wanted to buy mine back, or give me a great price for my trade-in. Those went straight to recycling.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:47 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart1947 View Post
Well, how's this for marketing??? Because PORT CHARLOTTE HONDA stooped to this BS scam, I will not even consider shopping there when we lease/buy a new car next spring.

I don't get mad......I just get even.....LOL

My girfriends daughter told us a story about a guy that worked with her. He had gotten one of those "keys" that if it starts the car you win the car.
He went to the dealership, put the key in the ignition and it started.......No he didn't win the car. That just put him into drawing after drawing, until he finally just gave up.
I don't know how dealerships think this type of BS is good for business!!

I was a salesman at a Ford dealership in new jersey in '99. I lasted about 6 months. I just couldn't deal with all the shananigans that they pull with customers. Every promo was a sham and we would put customers in new cars that we knew they could not afford. I would never do it again !!!

I was well aware this was another sham ( not really a scam), just had to prove it to my girlfriend.
thanks for everyones input.
Ted

Seems to me you'll be looking far and wide to find a dealer that does NOT engage in such "marketing" practices. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte