Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 03:36 PM

79 posts, read 105,836 times

Advertisements

We found a lot in PGI. Selected as we liked the neighborhood and the proximity to Ponce Park. Walking trails and bike trails are plentiful. Everything seems close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 09:36 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchonodinero View Post
We found a lot in PGI. Selected as we liked the neighborhood and the proximity to Ponce Park. Walking trails and bike trails are plentiful. Everything seems close.
Next step is to find a quality builder.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:18 AM

1,022 posts, read 737,876 times
Curious if anyone spent time in Hawaii how the heat and humidity compares ?

We spent a long time in Hilo and yes, humidity, but the ocean breezes helped

Old 03-02-2020, 06:28 PM

Default micro climates

My experience with Hawaii is from a vacationer's perspective and having only visited Maui and Kauai, I would say there is really no comparison due to all of the different climates available on the islands. It would be a tough choice. Same goes for Kauai-less people overall.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Next step is to find a quality builder.
We are going to check out the parade of homes next week. We think we have one (builder). Interesting, is that I have a hard time getting an answer on whether to use spray foam insulation or not. A lot to learn in an environment with unique building challenges.

Old 03-03-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
We are going to check out the parade of homes next week. We think we have one (builder). Interesting, is that I have a hard time getting an answer on whether to use spray foam insulation or not. A lot to learn in an environment with unique building challenges.
Yes that will be a big to do, a very busy time. Keep researching the spray foam, maybe Pete will comment with some insight for you.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:04 AM

318 posts, read 609,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rocky View Post
Except I'm north of the Peace River but my mailing address is Punta Gorda, not PC. Anyone know why this section east of the 75 (Deep Creek) is considered PG and not PC? I think I heard an explanation once but can't remember. Thanks.

As for which is better, I like where I live - Deep Creek. Real nice community and cheaper than Punta Gorda south of the river. Very handy access to the freeway, shops, etc. There's no real "border" between the two. They're two towns right next to each other, no empty space between. Pick the neighborhood that has or is more convenient to what's important to you. Where we are, the beach isn't very close - about a 40 minute drive, but then we don't care for the beach.
Just bought a home in Deep Creek. I like the area. It's quiet and all the shopping / restaurants I need are close by. As for the beach, I'm not an avid beach goer, but the approx. 40 minutes travel time doesn't bother me. I'm used to driving in big city traffic.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:34 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
Quote:
We are going to check out the parade of homes next week. .

I'm not in it I'm afraid, its quite expensive, you have to staff a model for 10 days...……...biggest problem . I don't have a model LOL not needed on for the past 2.5 years . I do have one opening soon though :-)

Old 03-08-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
I'm not in it I'm afraid, its quite expensive, you have to staff a model for 10 days...……...biggest problem . I don't have a model LOL not needed on for the past 2.5 years . I do have one opening soon though :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte