Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times

Advertisements

She was finally hired back in June to take the overnight slot on talk radio that was previously filled by popular Steve LeVeille. Steve rather suddenly retired to Maine and everyone knew that he had been treated unfairly, having previously been fired without notice. His fans wouldn't accept it and protested to such an extent that he was actually re-hired. He was never quite the same after that but he did stay for a while until retiring to Maine.

Then came a long series of radio talk hosts, all seemingly auditioning for the job. None of them were particularly outstanding. One person would be on for a few nights, then someone else, then yet another host. People started to think that this was the new way--no permanent host, just musical chairs.

In June 2013 Jen Brien was hired full time. She was bubbly and enjoyable to listen to although her politics seemed rather conservative to many listeners. Every week she would have her talkative mother on as a phone guest and this became a highlight of the show. Then something happened. A good friend died. The show was never the same after that with Jen restricting the topics to death and death related subjects. I know I kept wishing she'd take some time off to mourn her friend and get over it. There was one phone conversation with her mother which was very strained and Jen seemed rude and uncaring. I felt bad for her mother.

Next thing we knew she was all talk about moving to the Boston area so that she wouldn't have the long commute from the Cape. That got to be a bit much, something I got sick of hearing about. Find a place and get it over with! Stop asking the listening audience it they have apartments for rent! What is going on?

Then we got Morgan White Jr as host of her radio show--with no warning, no explanation. Night after night. Sometimes he would say that she would be back tomorrow but tomorrow never came. One night she apparently was really supposed to be there but never showed up and didn't tell anyone because Morgan came on late and said that he had received a phone call while he was asleep in bed!

What happened to her? Did she have some kind of breakdown? Tonight I read a short piece on Wikipedia that said she will not be coming back. huh? Something about more information later.

I don't know who to blame but can WBZ do nothing right anymore? It used to be the old reliable station that was always there, that you could always trust with the best hosts who became local celebrities. What is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 11:59 PM

1 posts, read 8,552 times
Default Jennifer Brien

What happened to Jen? I enjoyed her show very much. Is she coming back?

Old 10-19-2013, 11:11 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
Go to the best website in existence for coverage of North American radio and post your question, and chances are that someone you listen to will answer your question.

The website is http://www.radiodiscussions.com; you can also go to the station's website and send an e-mail to thir PD or another member of their airstaff.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:29 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Go to the best website in existence for coverage of North American radio and post your question, and chances are that someone you listen to will answer your question.

The website is http://www.radiodiscussions.com; you can also go to the station's website and send an e-mail to thir PD or another member of their airstaff.
That is a great site and I went there soon after she left. They had no answers either but there was still an interesting discussion. Now we seem to have Bradley Jay instead and he's good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio