Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:57 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times

Advertisements

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

So sorry Okie.. He had a good life with you and will be waiting for you at the Bridge. My heart is breaking for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Buck was a beautiful horse and I know that you will miss him. It is one day at a time. Now, Buck is healthy and happy and I am sure that he is keeping watch over you.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 PM

115 posts, read 256,466 times
Okie, I went back to look for you on the "What is this?" thread.... and I found you here.
I'm sooo sorry your Buck has passed on <<HUG>>
Please tell us your stories about Buck when you're ready, we'd love to hear them!
and until then... please take care of yourself we miss you!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:54 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,514,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

So sorry Okie.. He had a good life with you and will be waiting for you at the Bridge. My heart is breaking for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Buck was a beautiful horse and I know that you will miss him. It is one day at a time. Now, Buck is healthy and happy and I am sure that he is keeping watch over you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander52 View Post
Okie, I went back to look for you on the "What is this?" thread.... and I found you here.
I'm sooo sorry your Buck has passed on <<HUG>>
Please tell us your stories about Buck when you're ready, we'd love to hear them!
and until then... please take care of yourself we miss you!
Thank you so much!
A couple of stories:
He would just do about anything for me. I look back now and think I was so stupid! I could have gotten hurt or hurt him, but we were both young.
I used to jump him up on our (concrete) front porch. It is about 3 1/2 ft. high. I would ride him up and down the stairs of the front porch. My husband alway's said "You would ride him into the front door if I would let you".LOL!!
If he would be laying down out in the pasture and I could crawl on his back and he would just stay there until he heard me make my clicking sound,and then would get up with me on his back with no sadle or bridle. We used to swim in the creek together. He was just awesome!!!
Everyone in our comunity knew who Buck was.
Okie

Old 07-22-2012, 06:05 PM

115 posts, read 256,466 times
Swimmin in the creek together... Okie, it sounds like you 2 had so much fun together!! And loved each other as best friends

Do you have any more pictures of Buck? We'd love to see them! Take care.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:02 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Okie, your little stories make me wish I had had a horse when I was a kid. :-)

Would love to see more photos if you are up to posting some!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:43 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,641,477 times
Buck was a handsome devil and he sounded like he was a good friend and a lot of fun. I didn't even know him and I shed a few tears because I know how sad you must feel. I love horses and wish I could afford one.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times
Buck was one beautiful horse and you are so lucky for having shared your life with him for so many years. I was a horse crazy little girl who could not have a horse as my dad was very allergic to them . I did alot of riding but had to shower at friends homes and wash my clothes as soon as I got home. I always said I would get a horse when I grew up but things did not work out that way.Yes I am envious that you had such a beautiful horse and for so many years!

Having lost many dogs, my parents and niece I agree with the others that have said share your stories and photos of Buck as that tends to be very healing.This is a great place to share them as people here tend to love animals and understand where you are coming from. Buck will live on forever in your heart and in your memories of him. Hugs to you as you try to mend that huge hole he has left in your heart.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times
Write down all your stories and have your kids contribute too. Everytime anyone reads about Buck, he is living and breathing. Our bodies die, but our spirit lives on.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:28 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Write down all your stories and have your kids contribute too. Everytime anyone reads about Buck, he is living and breathing. Our bodies die, but our spirit lives on.
That's a great idea and you could bind them and give them as presents. Buck's story will live on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge