Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 11:38 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times

Advertisements

We lost our little Lhasa Apso today in the wilds of LT Murray Wilderness, and after hours of searching, we've given up. This unspeakable, unthinkable event has us crushed with the pain of her loss. My heart aches. Guilt of letting her outside unattended is crushing my poor darling husband. Please pray with me that she didn't suffer, and her death was quick. (And never, ever, take the wilds for granted.)

Good bye, Ritzie.

Ritzie's Photo Album
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 12:01 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
What a cutie.
I am so sorry for your loss and grief.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
So sorry for your loss.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:44 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Sorry for your loss. May Ritzie RIP.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Oh, this is so so so so sad. I could barely read the OP thinking about that poor dog. The pictures were wonderful; she was so adorable.

RIP Ritzie. Lookin', so sorry for your loss. I hope in time you will be comforted by all your wonderful memories; she looks like she was a very sweet, happy, and well-loved dog.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Do coincidences exist? Neighbors on my block are in mourning over having had to have their long-lived Lhasa Apso "Indie" put down two weeks ago. He and my still much-missed cat Weasie (1992-2012) related to each other amazingly. When Indie happened by on a walk while Weasie and I were sharing the front stoop on a warm evening, there was never once any drama. Instead the feline would slowly but surely approach down the steps while the canine walked in her direction. They'd go so far as to touch noses! While the human(s) at the other end of Indie's leash chatted with me the animals would do their own schmoozing. Weasie was probably one of the first beings departed from this life to greet him when his spirit was set free. And now a member of his own species has joined what's probably a large pack of Lhasa Apsos in whatever the afterworld may be.
Call this feel-good nonsense if you must. But to this day I pick up on the occasional communications from Weasie, low-level and harmless occurrences which have no ready explanation. These "signals" remind me that only her tired, aged, cancer-ridden body died last year. I hope the OP can take some comfort in knowing this is true of their dog too.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Do coincidences exist? Neighbors on my block are in mourning over having had to have their long-lived Lhasa Apso "Indie" put down two weeks ago. He and my still much-missed cat Weasie (1992-2012) related to each other amazingly. When Indie happened by on a walk while Weasie and I were sharing the front stoop on a warm evening, there was never once any drama. Instead the feline would slowly but surely approach down the steps while the canine walked in her direction. They'd go so far as to touch noses! While the human(s) at the other end of Indie's leash chatted with me the animals would do their own schmoozing. Weasie was probably one of the first beings departed from this life to greet him when his spirit was set free. And now a member of his own species has joined what's probably a large pack of Lhasa Apsos in whatever the afterworld may be.
Call this feel-good nonsense if you must. But to this day I pick up on the occasional communications from Weasie, low-level and harmless occurrences which have no ready explanation. These "signals" remind me that only her tired, aged, cancer-ridden body died last year. I hope the OP can take some comfort in knowing this is true of their dog too.
Goyguy, I am sorry for your loss and your neighbors' as well. No, I don't think your beliefs are feel-good nonsense. I honor them and the spirit they are offered. It makes me glad to think that Ritzie will be among friends.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times
This is extremely sad news and I am so very very sorry.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:08 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I'm so sorry.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:57 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
My heart grieves with you. I pray that peace fills your broken places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge