Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM

28 posts, read 72,546 times

Advertisements

We are looking into all three of these neighborhoods & need advice!! School and a family-friendly environment are our top priority, but the golf is nice too. What are peoples' opinions on Copperleaf (Cary) vs. Governor's Club vs. Hasentree? Thanks for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 06:27 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Copperleaf, I find, is more appealing, in terms of location. Good schools, and nice family-oriented neighborhoods surrounding Copperleaf, too. The 27519 zip code is easily accessible to the RTP, Durham, Morrisville, Apex, other areas of Cary, and Raleigh.

I know very little about Governors' Club, other than there was one very contemporary house there that both MR Rdslots and I like quite a bit. I seem to recall one road leading in and out of the neighborhood, which made me wonder if rush hour(s) presented a problem.

Hasentree never appealed to us. Too far out, it seemed, and too over-the-top and 'silly,' but each to his own. The original developer has since gone belly-up, hence some very good buys in the neighborhood. I am not sure who is managing the golf course.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 AM

513 posts, read 1,605,368 times
all 3 are very different. copperleaf is going to be your "safer" buy with it being in a better location for RTP and none of the builders going bankrupt,yet. governors club is going to be an older, retirement type neighborhood. noone knows what is going to happen in hasentree since toll brothers bought a ton of lots. copperleaf doesnt have a golf course so it depends on if that is a requirement.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:35 PM

161 posts, read 109,850 times
Hasentree has nice homes, nice lots and decent spacing. The big drawback is being out in the middle of nowhere. You better like driving if you buy a house there. I went through there today and believe it or not they have several lots pre-sold even in this awful market.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
The argument could be made that both Hasentree and GC are in the middle of nowhere.
My experience with GC is that it skews older and many of its residents are content to live in a pretty small world, not leaving the gates on a regular basis.
Many of the resales in GC are estate sales of 15-20 year old homes that people built with little regard for family friendly floorplans. I have walked thru quite a few homes in there and couldn't figure out WHAT the architect was thinking-he was likely following the instructions of people with more money than common sense.
The few lots that remain in GC after all this time are still vacant because they have a fatal flaw of some sort-power lines, horrible grade, odd shape, etc.
Copperleaf is unique in that it is really the only neighborhood with pricing north of $750K that has maintained momentum. That makes it my choice.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,169 times
Default copperleaf, plane noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
Copperleaf, I find, is more appealing, in terms of location. Good schools, and nice family-oriented neighborhoods surrounding Copperleaf, too. The 27519 zip code is easily accessible to the RTP, Durham, Morrisville, Apex, other areas of Cary, and Raleigh.

I know very little about Governors' Club, other than there was one very contemporary house there that both MR Rdslots and I like quite a bit. I seem to recall one road leading in and out of the neighborhood, which made me wonder if rush hour(s) presented a problem.

Hasentree never appealed to us. Too far out, it seemed, and too over-the-top and 'silly,' but each to his own. The original developer has since gone belly-up, hence some very good buys in the neighborhood. I am not sure who is managing the golf course.

Reading through a bunch of copperleaf quotes due to us about to buy a place in that subdivision. Houses are gorgeous and lots a very nice size. At the last walkthrough with the builder we saw a plane heading down over the subdivision. So wondering if anyone knows if there is any plane noise issue with copperleaf or if a lot of planes are flying over there.
Any quick feedback is appreciated.
IL

Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 PM

21 posts, read 40,417 times
Please take a look at the RDU noise contours on the RDU noise websiet below:
RDU Aircraft Noise Program Copperleaf does not seem to be real close to it. I have been in Weldon Ridge nearby a thousand times and Copper leaf a number of times but the Aircrft noise did not seem to bother me much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary