Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:34 PM

23 posts, read 100,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottinmass View Post
I have been looking on Realtor.com at houses in the 400-500k range and then check the Wake county records on what they were purchased for and compare that to what they are asking now. Many house's that were built new in 04 ,now are asking $125k more than they paid for them. I also check the tax bills for these and they have been appraised for less than what they bought them for. Does this seem correct? If they are asking 500k for a house that they paid $375k for 2 yr's ago, What should we offer them? I know it's what the market will bear, but these are not houses that were just upgraded, they were built with all the nice stuff to begin with. Would it just be better to have one built instead of buying one of these newer used houses?

Thanks, Scott

Scott -

Do you happen to have the link for the Wake County records website?

Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2006, 02:43 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,833,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgator View Post
Scott -

Do you happen to have the link for the Wake County records website?

Thanks for your help!!
It's www dot co dot wake dot nc dot us

Looks like the link is now www dot wakegov dot com

Old 08-22-2006, 05:49 PM

180 posts, read 734,023 times
Prices are going up in Raleigh area and need to move within a year. I heard from my Realtor friend here and she said prices in our area were appreciating 6% yearly. That is Sturbridge,Ma. area. Hope she is right when we sell next spring....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary