Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:48 PM

112 posts, read 477,216 times

Advertisements

It is so exciting living in Holly Springs now with all the changes going on around here. Has anybody heard any more on Target possibly coming? The other day I passed by the trailer park off of Sunset Lake Road, and they are demolishing the trailers! I wonder what they will be placing there? They are also supposed to be building a bunch of outparcels at Sunset Lake Commons Shopping Center. It will be so nice to have all of our shopping here where we don't have to travel as much to Cary, Apex, and Fuquay. I hope they build a Costco, Sams, or BJs here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 08:58 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
I 2nd that! HS is primed for some status!
I love this town, it reminds me alot of Cary when I was growing up in the 70/80's.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:23 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Aren't they building a Super Wal-mart in HS?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:10 PM

959 posts, read 4,493,817 times
Holly Springs was our favorite area as far as natural beauty when we were exploring the Triangle If it hadn't been so far from where the hubby ended up working we would have been looking at Sunset Ridge. Gorgeous! It IS a little far from shopping though so I do hope you get your Target/other shopping soon

Old 06-30-2007, 10:13 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Aren't they building a Super Wal-mart in HS?
They sure are. It is on the 55 bypass where main st. rejoins 55.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:09 AM

709 posts, read 935,436 times
Drove down Avent Ferry road yesterday saw a really nice custom home neighborhood going up. Houses with a good sized yard and in the distance the cooling tower of harris nuclear power plant. No thanks, I know that baby is here in the county but I want some distance between it and me. I do not want to look at it everyday.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:03 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,009,154 times
I heard once about the Target a few months back. Heard it was going to be on Sunset Lake Rd. Possibly where all the old bungalows are up for commercial sale. I know everyone is excited about the growth but I truly hope they don't go overboard! I really don't want the traffic that all the extra venues will bring. I love it here as is I have not driven around exploring in awhile. I wil have to drive out Avent Ferry and see what is going on over that way. I almost forget it is over there!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:31 AM

178 posts, read 1,227,618 times
Here’s a bit of news I found on the Holly Springs website…..

a) Sunset Lake Commons Shopping Center - the developer has submitted plans for six additional out parcels. Wachovia Bank is now open at this location.

b) Shoppes at Holly Springs - this Super Wal-Mart shopping center has been approved by the Town Council and is under construction with opening expected by late fall 2007. The center consists of a 175,000 square foot Super Wal-Mart and 43,000 square feet of other retail space with five out parcels. McDonalds has submitted plans for one of the out parcels.

c) Main Street Square - this 40 acre mixed use project is located at the south end of the NC55 Bypass at the intersection with Main Street. It features 100 townhouses, 15 single family homes, 150 apartments or condos and 80,000 square feet of shops with office space above. The design includes a village green for concerts and other community gatherings. Learn more about this project at Main Street Square Holly Springs Retail Office Space Development Condo Holly Springs Residential Development Office Space Holly Springs North Carolina

d) South Park Village Center - this Harris Teeter anchored center is located at the south end of the NC55 bypass at the intersection of Avent Ferry Road. When complete the center will offer 223,000 square feet of retail and office space. Construction is expected to begin in 2008.

e) Two new day care centers have been approved by the town council: The Goddard School and the Learning Experience.

f) Development plans are approved for the State Employees Credit Union to be located on NC Hwy 55 bypass at West Ballentine Street.

g) In May, the Holly Springs Farmers Market opened for its inaugural season in the parking lot between Town Hall and Mims Towne Square. The market is open on Saturdays from 8am until noon through October, drawing people downtown for local fruits, vegetables and baked goods. If it is raining, call
(919) 567-4010 after 7:30 a.m. on Saturday to find out if the market will open.

For information on projects that are currently under review, go to Current Projects&Activity Reports, Holly Springs, NC (http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/dept/planning/review.htm - broken link)

Old 07-01-2007, 06:12 PM

281 posts, read 1,108,396 times
Default Holly Springs

I used to own a cell phone store across the street from Town Hall (when half of Town Hall was trailers). It's a little cinder block building....used to be a drive thru restaurant back in the day believe it or not. A lady has made a nice gift shoppe out of it now. Very nice....stop by and support her.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:55 AM

112 posts, read 477,216 times
Default Great updates on Holly Springs..

Thanks for all the replies and information. I can't wait for all the stores to come here! It really is a great place to live. It is AMAZING they are building all of these subdivisions all at once here. On Sunset Lake Rd, they already have 3 happening right now...Sunset Pointe, Tuscany, and Wildacre. I still wonder what they plan on putting in the trailer park?? I know it was approved for light business. I guess we will see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary