Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:47 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,235 times

Advertisements

. . . . well, not quite but I'm married to a wonderful man who is great at handling the details and has everything under control. We're on Phase 2 of Operation-Cat-Sedation. We tried a 1/2 pill of the kitty valium with not too much success. All our cat did was wobble her head for a few minutes. It was my turn to put the pill in the cat's mouth today but I failed miserably and the tuna, pill and cat went flying so will have my brother the vet help me the morning I'm scheduled to leave.

We went to 2 farewell gatherings this past weekend which were nice but felt a little surreal; it's a little unreal that I'm leaving a place I've called home for 40 something years. I received a fun survival kit with bug zapper/candles and mosquito spray. If I have one more person mention the "humidity and bugs" I think I am going to scream.

Sorry, this thread doesn't contain any helpful information - but fun to have a place to express what you're experiencing. Looking forward to seeing you at the Meet-Up.
Donna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
We had a similar experience a few weeks back and surreal is the perfect word to describe it. Goodbye parties with people we've known forever and picking up and moving away from the only place I've ever lived. We even had the cat transportation dilemma (three of them).

Rest assured, while it's still very early in this new chapter the story is tracking close to our expectations. We've already made a few friends and everyone is adjusting (cat's appear to have forgiven me for their twelve hour interment).

Good luck with your actual move.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:47 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,573 times
Hehe operation-cat-sedation... Good luck with that. How convenient to have a vet brother

I hope all goes smoothly. How fortunate for you that Mr. Saluki_Lover enjoys arranging the move. I moved my hubby kicking and screaming so I took care of all the details. I would have anyway I guess - I love organizing and researching

See you at the meetup! I hope Mr. Saluki_Lover is up for refereeing the icebreaker part of things again. He did such a great job at the last one

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
. . . . well, not quite but I'm married to a wonderful man who is great at handling the details and has everything under control. We're on Phase 2 of Operation-Cat-Sedation. We tried a 1/2 pill of the kitty valium with not too much success. All our cat did was wobble her head for a few minutes. It was my turn to put the pill in the cat's mouth today but I failed miserably and the tuna, pill and cat went flying so will have my brother the vet help me the morning I'm scheduled to leave.

We went to 2 farewell gatherings this past weekend which were nice but felt a little surreal; it's a little unreal that I'm leaving a place I've called home for 40 something years. I received a fun survival kit with bug zapper/candles and mosquito spray. If I have one more person mention the "humidity and bugs" I think I am going to scream.

Sorry, this thread doesn't contain any helpful information - but fun to have a place to express what you're experiencing. Looking forward to seeing you at the Meet-Up.
Donna

Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,327 times
Quote:

Donna
Donna;
I am so excited that you are almost on your way....
When we got in the car to leave, it WAS surreal. It didn't have the punch until we hit the State line, and I realized, I was shutting the door to the life I have lived for 48 years. It was sad, but exciting at the same time. When we crossed over into NC, we cheered and honked and flashed our lights, it was a time I will always remember. Enjoy!! And let yourself be sad, but you will see, excitement will creep around the saddness and it will disappear.

AS for the humidity and bug comments. I still have friends calling me and talking about that and nothing else. I just listen, and don't try and justify it anymore.

Hurry and get here.
Liz

Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 AM

thanks so much Liz.
We laugh about it and now I tell people, "Oh, I know..I love the humidity"...
People here in So Cal seem to be obsessed with the weather...not sure how I feel about the bugs yet . . .haha

Old 07-10-2007, 09:00 AM

Hey Indyblu
Hoping we can have a meet-up in Durham - maybe you can spearhead the next one? Funny thing about my brother. He got his PHD at UNC so that's really how I was introduced to N.C. He has his DVM but is a toxicologist/pathologist and works in research/design for Pharm. company here in so cal . . his screen name is dddr (dead dog doctor) ..funny

Old 07-10-2007, 09:12 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
thanks so much Liz.
We laugh about it and now I tell people, "Oh, I know..I love the humidity"...
People here in So Cal seem to be obsessed with the weather...not sure how I feel about the bugs yet . . .haha

Good Luck with the move!

Below are the latest Temps and Humidity numbers from a weather website I frequent. You can let your CA friends study it to feed their obsession!

National Temps Numbers as of 10:21 on 7/10/07

National % Humidity Numbers as of 10:21 on 7/10/07

Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,573 times
We definitely need to have the next one in Durham but I'm hoping someone else will step up to take care of the details

Haha dead dog doctor. That's classy

Quote:
Hey Indyblu
Hoping we can have a meet-up in Durham - maybe you can spearhead the next one? Funny thing about my brother. He got his PHD at UNC so that's really how I was introduced to N.C. He has his DVM but is a toxicologist/pathologist and works in research/design for Pharm. company here in so cal . . his screen name is dddr (dead dog doctor) ..funny

Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 AM

164 posts, read 690,462 times
I remember giving my dog pills to sedate her a bit for thunder and i gave her what bottle told me and oh boy, i felt bad, it worked, thats for sure..lol. never gave them again..lol. My fiance and I worked together moving and getting our old house done but he took care of the rest. Not easy moving but was worth it to NC. Good luck donna and look forward t meeting you as well as others. Kim

Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,059,173 times
"OperationCat Sedation" mad me giggle. When my best friend moved halfway across the country, they took 3 cats with them. Sedating them was definitely a major undertaking! But they made it & they're happy. Oddly enough, one of their cats is a lot more friendly and more cuddly since the move. So strange!

Yes, a meet-up in Durham is an excellent idea! I'd be happy to help make it happen, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary