Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:45 AM

542 posts, read 1,524,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I don't think anyone wanted this train wreck to happen! It will be a happy day when we see the back of these folks' heads as they walk away from our school system.
Agreed. The new majority has been a real embarrassment not only to themselves, but to our community as a whole. I long for the days previous to this board, when we had a functioning and well respected school system with just a few people complaining about how long their kids had to spend on a bus.

Mike

Old 01-15-2011, 09:07 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,942,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
I long for the days previous to this board, when we had a functioning and well respected school system with just a few people complaining about how long their kids had to spend on a bus.
I think you're minimizing the problems Wake County had before these board members were elected. Surely just "a few people complaining about how long their kids had to spend on a bus" is not what lead to this radical shift and the election of these individuals. That sounds an awful lot like the attitude of the prior school Board, which is what got many of them booted from office. Ignoring the problems, or denying that they exist, is not going to make things better.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:14 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,900,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I think you're minimizing the problems Wake County had before these board members were elected. Surely just "a few people complaining about how long their kids had to spend on a bus" is not what lead to this radical shift and the election of these individuals. That sounds an awful lot like the attitude of the prior school Board, which is what got many of them booted from office. Ignoring the problems, or denying that they exist, is not going to make things better.
But the precious problems were more a result of unchecked, unprecedented, and uncontrollable growth that wasn't well managed. It had little directly to do with the diversity policy.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 PM

351 posts, read 770,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
The Wake County school board is not SUPPOSED to be aligned with any political party.

The new members, however, have made it so.
No, no, no, no. WRAL and the N&O have made it so. Read any article regarding WCPSS or BOE and you'll find the two most used words are Democrat and Republican.

And the group of mayors who outright trash the board in the media -- yep, they're Democrats.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM

Default WCPSS In National Headlines Again

Another clueless puppet jumping on the bandwagon...

US schools chief criticizes Wake school board :: WRAL.com

Old 01-17-2011, 09:33 PM

542 posts, read 1,524,842 times
And our reputation takes yet another hit. At the very least, I hope that the mismanagement of our school system will help Tedesco with his political aspirations. I mean, it takes someone truly gifted to get a car stuck in a ditch the way he and the rest of the majority have. Great job in making our once proud community look like a bunch of backwards hicks to the rest of the country.

Mike

Mike

Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,900,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
But the precious problems were more a result of unchecked, unprecedented, and uncontrollable growth that wasn't well managed. It had little directly to do with the diversity policy.

that was supposed to be previous, not precious, but I guess it still makes sense

Old 01-18-2011, 07:44 AM

49 posts, read 146,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post
No, no, no, no. WRAL and the N&O have made it so. Read any article regarding WCPSS or BOE and you'll find the two most used words are Democrat and Republican.
I'm not sure how having new board members speak at Tea Party rallies is the work of the N&O. I'm not sure how new board members attending county GOP functions can be blamed on the media.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 AM

767 posts, read 1,848,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyenortheast View Post

And the group of mayors who outright trash the board in the media -- yep, they're Democrats.
Uh...I'll have to disagree. I watched Tedesco complaining about the "liberals" on the board on the news this morning. It was in response to Meekers speech, but Meeker is political...the board should NOT be. It came straight from Tedescos mouth...channel 11 just reported it.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorj7034 View Post
I'm not sure how having new board members speak at Tea Party rallies is the work of the N&O. I'm not sure how new board members attending county GOP functions can be blamed on the media.
So, let me see if I understand this correctly...

It's improper for board members to attend certain functions as private citizens.

But this is OK - Wake County Democratic Party | Bringing Democracy to Life!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary