Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times

Advertisements

Can I ask why you need to change it out? And what price range your house is in? I am readying my house for the sale and can tell you that you'll be surprised at what you think your house needs vs what your realtor knows works best. I agree with other posters, no need for same brand appliances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 05:49 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
When I sold my house in NY last year my appliances were all stainless but none of them were the same brand....I can't believe anyone would ever notice. I never would.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 PM

286 posts, read 685,453 times
When we bought our house we didn't worry about the appliances matching. We were more interested in how old or new they were and if they still under warranty.

~Amy

Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM

632 posts, read 1,844,681 times
We built our house last year and I chose my appliances based on reviews and what I wanted. I have GE Monogram, GE Profile, Samsung, Kitchen Aid, and Sharp appliances. The only thing they have in common is their finish/color.

Fergusons is another appliance store to try. Good luck.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Mine are all SS here in the townhouse. I switched them out from the original el cheapo black/white combo junk the builder put in here 15 years ago.

DW is Kitchen Aid, stove is a Samsung (convection oven rocks), and fridge is GE Profile.

They look good together. That's all that really matters.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:55 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Can I ask why you need to change it out? And what price range your house is in? I am readying my house for the sale and can tell you that you'll be surprised at what you think your house needs vs what your realtor knows works best. I agree with other posters, no need for same brand appliances.
We're changing it out b/c we've always had problems with it. The oven stopped working altogether and there are only two burners. The right side of the stove has a grill that never worked and I don't care to have. So basically I've been cooking on two burners and baking what I can in the toaster oven, lol.

The house is worth about $170,000. Definitely not high end. I was just trying to stick to the same brand b/c I figured that would be best and easy to find. I just found out only Jenn-Air makes them. So if we can't find something we like at a good price we'll just have this one worked on. I had no idea this type of range would be such a pain to shop for.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:10 AM

445 posts, read 1,859,419 times
Be careful about eliminating the downdraft. My understanding is that you will need some sort of exhaust for the house to meet code and pass inspection. The downdraft may be the only means available.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 AM

794 posts, read 1,325,735 times
Default My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
Otherwise, are people particularly picky about all the appliances being the same brand?
As a very new homebuyer (I close April 29th), I can tell you I didn't care if they were all the same brand, just the same color...as many others have told you. I hated seeing a black stove, white fridge, blank microwave, etc...I did look at the brand names, but more to get a sense of what I thought was quality or junk, so I wouldn't go with a complete no-name brand.

But, in all honesty...if I hadn't chosen a new house, I probably would have taken out the standard white appliances I was seeing and put in SS...so don't spend a ton of money.

...just my 2 cents...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,688,180 times
Matching ?? All the TV shows like house hunters etc. are BS they say there is a house for everyone so I would not fret over it . When I sell my house its gona be sold " As is where is" !MO

Old 03-31-2011, 10:10 AM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times
It's official! We're having someone to come out to repair it. Jenn Air is the only one to make what we need since those ranges are now considered custom and the cheapest they have is $1800 We were looking to stay under a $1,000, so the obvious thing to do is just get it repaired.

Maybe I won't mind having two burners and having a grill that works. I may end up enjoying it

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary