Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 09:13 PM

663 posts, read 1,619,808 times

Advertisements

I am moving apartments and looking for 1 day truck rental. Any suggestions.

Also looking for manpower to move some furniture. Rest I plan to move myself.

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:53 PM

77 posts, read 205,975 times
budget truck rental is currently running good discounts, and has the lowest prices....
(at least for long distance).
You can hire loaders locally.. U-Haul has an online service that gives decent rates.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:44 AM

663 posts, read 1,619,808 times
Thx. I am just looking for local move. Stuff is limited to a 1 BR apartment.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM

699 posts, read 1,706,578 times
I found a good couple of movers on CL. PM if you would like contact info.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:17 PM

310 posts, read 575,759 times
Budget trucks is the best deal. If you don't already see specials on their website get a change of address kit from any post office and there is a coupon for Budget in it (I think 20-25% off).

If you are in North Raleigh avoid reserving it to be picked up at Pep Boys on Davis St. (next to Walmart on Glenwood). I had made reservation to pick up there and called the day before to confirm. An hour before I was to pick up I got a call from Pep Boys saying they were out of trucks. The flunky Pep Boy employee who called was of no help and said it happens all the time. I called Budget's 800 number and they said they would locate another truck and call to tell me where I could pick it up "within 2 hours". I was fairly irate as I had also reserved moving help through Uhaul's site. Budget did end up making it right - I had reserved a 10' truck, but I ended up with a 16' truck for the 10' rate and they compensated for the mileage difference between Pep Boys and Gresham Lake self storage where I ended up getting the truck. The guy at Gresham Lake was good to deal with - he had a brain and sense of humor unlike the Pep Boys employees.

As an aside, always get the change of address kit before spending any significant money at Home Depot or Lowes. The kit has a coupon for 10% off of up to $5K purchase from Lowes, but Home Depot also takes it or any other Lowes coupon. I always stop by the post office on my way to Home Depot.

Last edited by slim2none; 07-11-2011 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: corrected grammer

Old 07-11-2011, 05:00 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
I saw that previous threads mentioned TROSA, I just called them and left a message.

And I started thinking...my moving expenses are tax deductible, so with a company like TROSA I'll get a receipt. If I just pay some guys off of Craigslist I don't get a receipt. Might be worth the extra money. GOsh, I hope so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary