Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 06:25 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times

Advertisements

I am going over to Downtown Cary to check out the "Lazy Daze" festival tomorrow. If it there is time I might take the opportunity to drive on to either Holly Springs, Apex, or Fuquay Varina to check out their downtown areas to see what they are like. I mostly stick to Raleigh and Durham so these areas are a bit of a mystery to me. Can anybody point towards things I should check out? Which if I only have time for one, which should I try and hit? Holly Springs? Fuquay? or Maybe Apex is worth a shot? I will try and take some pics so I can post them back here.

Thanks for the tips!

~ NRG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 PM

65 posts, read 192,000 times
Of the three I would check out Apex. There are some nice shops and restaurants on Main Street.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:09 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,744 times
Seems to be a lot of interest in Holly Springs from people out of state. I'm sure they would love to see some pictures.

Have fun wherever you go.

Oh... In H.S. what should you check out? Sunset Ridge, Sunset Oaks & The Woods at Sunset Oaks are a few nice neighborhoods, Womble Parrish Park, H.S. Library & Cultural Center. Main Street consists of like a block on 55. On 55 by-pass you can see the construction of some new shopping centers going up.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I haven't been to "downtown" Apex in a while so I'm interested in hearing just what is down there.

I'm not impressed with "downtown" HS.

If you go downtown in Fuquay, there are some really neat antique shops. And don't forget to cross the tracks and go into downtown Varina!

Vicki

Old 08-24-2007, 09:26 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Pop into the Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs and take the tour at 1:30.

They will give you a taste of some of their tasty beverages.
2 Thumbs up!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM

359 posts, read 1,838,693 times
We ate lunch at Nil's Bakery in downtown Fuquay. It was really good! Lunch/brunch type food with middle eastern influence- the owner is from Turkey. Had to wait in a bit of a line though, but I guess that's a good sign.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:22 PM

17 posts, read 50,627 times
Default Visit Joyce and Family Restaurant and You'll Be Glad You Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I am going over to Downtown Cary to check out the "Lazy Daze" festival tomorrow. If it there is time I might take the opportunity to drive on to either Holly Springs, Apex, or Fuquay Varina to check out their downtown areas to see what they are like. I mostly stick to Raleigh and Durham so these areas are a bit of a mystery to me. Can anybody point towards things I should check out? Which if I only have time for one, which should I try and hit? Holly Springs? Fuquay? or Maybe Apex is worth a shot? I will try and take some pics so I can post them back here.

Thanks for the tips!

~ NRG
Dont trust me read about in the news and observer food critic sections.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:33 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,817 times
Heehee - tasty beverages

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Pop into the Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs and take the tour at 1:30.

They will give you a taste of some of their tasty beverages.
2 Thumbs up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary