Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 05:45 PM

94 posts, read 176,230 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone! You've been very helpful in our househunt for the past few weeks.... thank you! My husband and I really like a house in Waverly Pointe in Raleigh. Does anyone know anything about this neighborhood? We saw lots of for sale signs and were wondering about that. Also, we have an 18mo old and we were wondering about the schools. Has anyone here had any experience with the school system there... I believe Garner High is the hs... not that we would be worrying about that for several more years!

We were also wondering if there were lots of young families there- like us!? Do the neighbors get together, look out for each other, etc... if anyone lives there, please let us know!

And if you haven't had enough questions yet, we're comparing this house with another house in eastern Clayton. So far the schools seem better in Clayton (from what we've heard- from one source) and we liked the look of the neighborhood A LOT... Magnolia Place.

Both houses are equally great to us... we're just needing a 'push' in one direction... we're hoping that any info you could share would be great. We've searched and read all the posts about Clayton... but can't seem to find much about Waverly Pointe or the zip 27603.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 11:02 AM

41 posts, read 239,172 times
I don't know much about the Clayton area because when we moved here, we were told to sort of stay away from Clayton.

Anyways, as far as Waverly Pointe, we know several friends who live in there, all who have young children like us (and you). I think the reason you saw lots of for sale signs is most likely because of the economy. Almost any neighborhood you go to in North Carolina now days (or probably nationwide) is going to be full of for sale signs. It's just because people got in over their heads with their mortgage, the economy is effecting them, they got a job transfer, etc.

All of our children are young, so I don't know anything about Garner High School. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 10-17-2011 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Links to competing sites are NOT allowed

Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 AM

223 posts, read 567,698 times
We were also told to stay away from Clayton but we came anyway. If you are planning on staying put for awhile, I would make sure you research Garner High thorougly. I personally would pick Clayton schools over Garner schools. My personal opinion for many reasons. For us Johnston County schools have been great and we have not had to worry about the redistricting that goes on in Wake.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:27 PM

41 posts, read 239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamangirl View Post
We were also told to stay away from Clayton but we came anyway. If you are planning on staying put for awhile, I would make sure you research Garner High thorougly. I personally would pick Clayton schools over Garner schools. My personal opinion for many reasons. For us Johnston County schools have been great and we have not had to worry about the redistricting that goes on in Wake.
I agree. I've heard great things about the Johnston County schools. I actually thought that Waverly Pointe was Johnston County schools, but I could be wrong. Regardless, I've heard good things about Johnston County schools, especially because of the redistricting and overcrowding in Wake County.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 PM

487 posts, read 751,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCouture View Post
I agree. I've heard great things about the Johnston County schools. I actually thought that Waverly Pointe was Johnston County schools, but I could be wrong. Regardless, I've heard good things about Johnston County schools, especially because of the redistricting and overcrowding in Wake County.
From what I've been reading, Waverly Pointe is in Johnston County school district.

I'm a little taken back by the burglary crime risk I read in the link that KCouture posted though...

Old 10-17-2011, 03:37 PM

487 posts, read 751,169 times
I just realized what an old post I replied to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary