Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:10 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times

Advertisements

Interesting. I have noticed a few times over the last few weeks where my iPad had some issues. Usually cleared up baby the next time I used it, but definitely some network problems. I tried a speed test earlier and I got 11 down 3.5 up so that's not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 04:51 PM

789 posts, read 1,991,344 times
Thanks to my awesome husband getting someone to escalate the issue, it should be fixed shortly. I'm already noticing improved speed and coverage.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:04 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
Talked to a Verizon employee and they told me to call tech support. But the problem is not isolated to one area. I can't get a decent signal of 3g or 4g anywhere around here. It's a major issue, and seems to actually be worse. If I can't find a wi-fi hotspot, my phone is practically useless as a wireless device.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:52 PM

379 posts, read 748,878 times
I started a thread about Verizon's 4G issues. http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...s-raleigh.html

Since upgrading my Motorola phone to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0), I've not had a single 4G issue. But for 4 weeks pre-upgrade, it was horrible.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:55 PM

119 posts, read 318,484 times
Default How's SPRINT's coverage in the Triangle area?

How's SPRINT's coverage in the Triangle area?

Old 07-23-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by static_g View Post
I started a thread about Verizon's 4G issues. http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...s-raleigh.html

Since upgrading my Motorola phone to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0), I've not had a single 4G issue. But for 4 weeks pre-upgrade, it was horrible.
Interesting turn of events for you. ICS is on it's way for my phone, but they are taking their sweet time. On a notional android phone forum though, a LOT of people are having major issues with Verizon's wireless data coverage. Sometimes it's a certain model phone that has issues, and sometimes it just seems like some locales just have terrible reception. Verizon's 4G coverage map for the triangle is saturated. But I've yet to find anywhere with a decent signal.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wango Wango View Post
How's SPRINT's coverage in the Triangle area?
No clue. You might want to start a new thread since this one is all Verizon people.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
a LOT of people are having major issues with Verizon's wireless data coverage
In addition to your support case, you might want to try their Twitter support. The more they hear, the better chance we have or getting it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Verizon's 4G coverage map for the triangle is saturated. But I've yet to find anywhere with a decent signal.
It could be your phone? I have great 4G coverage (all bars, maybe one less than full) at home (54 @ Trinity in Cary) and at Whole Foods on Wade -- both near towers.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 AM

At home I use wi-fi on my phone, it's free AND it's faster than their 3G and 4G network. When I'm out and about, even places like malls, North Hills, etc, I can't stay connected to their network long enough to upload a pic. I watched my friend try to do teh exact same thing Sunday, with a different Verizon phone, Droid I think...and he couldn't do it either. It said we had 4G, but it was constantly in and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary