Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 02:52 PM

5 posts, read 16,753 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a New Englander making a move to NC for work..
After some online research, I have narrowed down to NW Cary area for home search.
Did consider CHill Carrboro school area but commute to RTP ,high property taxes and high priced homes were negatives for me.

I am now contemplating between Weycroft and StoneWater.
Other than the difference in the quality of the builders and the lot size
is there any reason why the Stonewater homes sell for much less than weycroft homes?
or am I comparing apples and oranges here?
Locals please throw some light...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 03:17 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Yes. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Don't discount the value of builder quality and lot size too much.
Custom builders in Weycroft tend to be excellent and responsive.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 16,753 times
Oh ok Thanks for the input... So If I were to spend around 500K on a resale home, which would be a good investment?
Weycroft, Hortons Creek,Cary park,Amberly, Weldon Ridge, Green Level Crossing- Manor,Carpenter Village or Greystone

I haven't seen most of these neighbourhoods yet, hence the qn...
Thanks again for your insights...

Old 05-30-2012, 04:06 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
There are too many variables to advise. Sometimes a good investment is caution to protect your investment, i.e., not buying a mistake home.
Every one of those neighborhoods will have a home available that will hammer you on resale for some reason.
And each neighborhood will have purchase opportunities that will do better than those mistakes.

I would tend to favor Weycroft, and look for opportunity in Cary Park. Personally, I like custom builds for attention to detail and a little uniqueness.
But, if you need big SF for minimum $$$, tract is the way.
Both have resale proponents.

Edited to add:
It would be unwise to ignore the neighborhood pools as resale plusses.
Amberly's is famous. Nice community center, too.
Weycroft has none.
Cary Park's facilities are fine. Just not equal to Amberly's.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 AM

75 posts, read 173,356 times
With that kind of budget, I would lean towards Hortons Creek,Cary park or Amberly. Weycroft might go a little over the budget but might be worth looking - not sure. Green Level Crossing- Manor is also nice but might have a 5-10 minutes longer commute to RTP. A good neighborhood to explore if you like their floor plans.

Other neighborhoods that you can explore would be Hilliard forest and Toscana. I believe that they still have some lots remaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary