Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:19 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times

Advertisements

my favorite hot dog toppings are chili and cole slaw
what does Dirty Harry say about cole slaw? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,150,333 times
I usually go for kraut, mustard, and celery salt or a good ol' Chicago dog. Cloo's even has the poppy seed buns!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Snoopy's dogs are pale, limp and gross. Their fixins are good, but the dog itself looks terribly anemic.

Re the OP: all I could think was: Hotdogs don't have joints! Their limbs are all one piece.
Some people apparently are bothered by pale, limp and gross. It's "Hog Dog Tuesday" today at Snoopy's, and the lines are long. Hot dogs are a buck today. I had to slap myself to keep from going back for a third

Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 PM

677 posts, read 1,902,760 times
For a good ole red weenie smushed in a bun with (my favorite) mustard, chile & slaw try RJ's in Fuquay. Take out only, the place is nothing to look at, and no fancy dogs there, but we went for the first time a few weeks ago and it was just what we had a hankering for! Then we went to Sunni Skies for ice cream. All bad for us but yummy.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:51 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,379,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolls4me View Post
For a good ole red weenie smushed in a bun with (my favorite) mustard, chile & slaw try RJ's in Fuquay. Take out only, the place is nothing to look at, and no fancy dogs there, but we went for the first time a few weeks ago and it was just what we had a hankering for! Then we went to Sunni Skies for ice cream. All bad for us but yummy.

RJ's is great! Since I grew up in FV, they're pretty much what I compare all hotdogs against now. However, I will also offer a word of caution about RJ's. One "order" of fries is almost a brown paper sack full*, so no need to get everyone their own - 3 people could probably be happy sharing one order!

*Or at least it was when I was a kid, YMMV.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:44 PM

9 posts, read 20,000 times
I'm gald to see some posts on This, I thought maybe the south and hot dogs just didn't go together!

I've tried snoopy's and I liked them. The dogs are a little weak, just some skinless pale weenies, but the chilli is good, and the mustard is too.

I've been past RJ's in FV a bunch of times, but I'll try out the dogs there this weekend.

Some of the spots in clayton and points farther out will take some time to find, but THANKS for the sugesstions!

I still have a soft spot for "real" hot dogs, you know, one's with skin... I found one in Apex at the strangest place. Its called Skippers, and its a fish joint, but they have Hoffmans real hotdogs in two styles. The dogs are great, but the problem is they offer no chilli, no onions, no slaw, not really anything but some mustarrd packets. Its a crime to have such a good meaty dog with such poor toppings.

Again, thanks for the places you've found dogs at, I'll give them a shot, and Please post some more if you think of them!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:09 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Try Neal's Deli if you get to Carrboro at lunch sometime (not open for supper). I _think_ you might like 'em. They describe it as a "German frank in natural casing".

Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I like my Southern Hot Dogs (red ones) with mustard, chili and slaw.

I like my NY Hot Dogs with Guildens mustard and kraut.

BIG difference between the two!

Vicki

Old 07-11-2012, 07:43 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
I like my Brightleaf or Jesse Jones dogs with mustard, chili and onions.

I like my Esskay dogs with course ground mustard and relish.....if I can get them.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
I like my hotdogs topped with a slice of "real" pizza and some BBQ (the noun, not the verb).

Sorry, someone had to go there.

I didn't know that Skippers sold dogs. (BYO-coniments?). They make a kick-[donkey] fish sammich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary