Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:47 PM

34 posts, read 84,326 times

Advertisements

TARR - Triangle Area Residential Realty - Sales Database

This is a nice site, allows you to see number of homes sold and average price over period of time. I checked a few of the developments mentioned here a lot:
Sold over the last three months -
Providence Place - 18(surprised me)
Weldon Ridge - 16
Cary Park - 13
Abbington - 13
Kitt's Creek - 8
Weycroft - 4(new dev and pricier so not bad)
Wexford - 4 and none in Aug or sept, really seems like a dead development.
I've visited all of these and can't say I am too surprised with these results. I really like Cary Park and Providence Place(and Weycroft)..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,319,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocarters View Post
TARR - Triangle Area Residential Realty - Sales Database

This is a nice site, allows you to see number of homes sold and average price over period of time. I checked a few of the developments mentioned here a lot:
Sold over the last three months -
Providence Place - 18(surprised me)
Weldon Ridge - 16
Cary Park - 13
Abbington - 13
Kitt's Creek - 8
Weycroft - 4(new dev and pricier so not bad)
Wexford - 4 and none in Aug or sept, really seems like a dead development.
I've visited all of these and can't say I am too surprised with these results. I really like Cary Park and Providence Place(and Weycroft)..
Interesting site. I don't know anything about this company, but unlike zillow, the numbers for my neighborhood as listed on this site appear to be accurate. You still don't know about any concessions the sellers made (Like paying for closing costs, repairs ect....) but it does list the "Gross" sale price.

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,707,153 times
I think it's helpful to determine how much inventory is on the market in your neighborhood. For example, Wescott has 19 homes on the market and 28 closings last year.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:27 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,069,155 times
Too bad it only covers Wake County.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:45 AM

"Too bad it only covers Wake County."

I agree, I'd really like this kind of info on the Preserve at Jordan Lake, a development I love, but one that seems to have a LOT of homes for sale..

Old 10-03-2007, 08:03 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,821,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocarters View Post
"Too bad it only covers Wake County."

I agree, I'd really like this kind of info on the Preserve at Jordan Lake, a development I love, but one that seems to have a LOT of homes for sale..
The Preserve is BEAUTIFUL. It also appears to be a pretty difficult place to sell a house, and it's been that way since long before the current gloom/doom.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
The Preserve is BEAUTIFUL. It also appears to be a pretty difficult place to sell a house, and it's been that way since long before the current gloom/doom.
I know, I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is it has the stigma of Chatham schools, but I don't know what that stigma is...

Old 10-03-2007, 08:24 AM

15 posts, read 56,316 times
Moderator cut: removed This guy does a great job and is the MOST accurate site, but still does not have all of the information.
The Preserve is in Chatham County - low taxes, there is nothing close - no grocery stores, shops, parks, churches etc. If you live there, you will be in your car to do anything. Less and less people want this lifestyle. More people want to live in walkable communities. Soccer Moms are tired of living in their cars. Communities like Meadowmont, Southern Village, Powell Place in Chatham, Cary Park and Amberly are very popular. Cary Park was far out, now there is a lot of growth going up around it. 540 has opened up and that is a part of the Triangle that is booming as well.
Chatham County has a lot of growth and will be getting these amenities. Most people will not be working in Chatham County.

Last edited by autumngal; 03-10-2008 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: to comply with the TOS

Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 AM

43,389 posts, read 77,320,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Interesting site. I don't know anything about this company, but unlike zillow, the numbers for my neighborhood as listed on this site appear to be accurate. You still don't know about any concessions the sellers made (Like paying for closing costs, repairs ect....) but it does list the "Gross" sale price.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Too bad it only covers Wake County.
TARR 24/7 covers Wake, Durham, and Chatham Counties.

You need only be a subscriber for full access.
The accuracy stems from the fact that it is operated by a real estate professional.
Stacey Anfindsen is a respected appraiser. He is often engaged as a speaker on market trends.

TARR reports are widely accepted and quoted.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 AM

15 posts, read 56,316 times
It also covers Orange County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary