Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 02:03 PM

606 posts, read 903,119 times

Advertisements

I often disagree with "experts." Be it food or movie reviews. I've had "NYC" pizza. It's not to my liking. Pizza to me is what I grew up with and it isn't something you can fold. You'll find a ton of opinions on that matter. Search the forum and you'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 02:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rac1 View Post
I did hesitate to include the "New York" part--but--no--I don't think good pizza is
a subjective quality--I would imagine a panel of "experts" (maybe "Throwdown with
Bobbly Flay" style) would agree the pizza around New York is generally very good--Have
any of you who questioned this actually tasted "New York" pizza? I have had Bocci's
pizza and it's probably the best I've tried in the area...
There is a difference between style & execution when calling something "good". I like NYC style pizza but like any food product it can be executed to various degrees regardless of the region - from poorly done to just the way I like it. Shoot, being from NJ and having lived just outside NYC I have tasted plenty of garbage New York Style pizza up North too. So yes, "good pizza" is very subjective IMO.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,026,401 times
We loooove Gino's pizza in N. Raleigh off Glenwood. We used to live very nearby and ate there way too much . Now we live about 20-25 min away and try to get there at least every other week!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM

68 posts, read 153,001 times
"Where in the triangle can you get a slice of pizza that most resembles what you are used to getting in NY?" (that is really your question without the associated condescension).

no--actually my question was where can I get a good slice of pizza--maybe only those
who aren't squeamish about NYC should answer it?

Old 10-09-2012, 02:52 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
I haven't tried too many places. But I had Randy's at a birthday party in Durham that was good (not sure which Randy's they bought it from, but the party was at the Life & Science Museum).

I also have tried Italian Pizzeria 3 in Chapel Hill. It is good for NC pizza - I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Last, I recently tried Camos Brothers in Chapel Hill. It was very good. I'd give it an 8.

I'm a NY pizza snob (and I'm not from NY).

Old 10-09-2012, 03:31 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rac1 View Post
"Where in the triangle can you get a slice of pizza that most resembles what you are used to getting in NY?" (that is really your question without the associated condescension).

no--actually my question was where can I get a good slice of pizza--maybe only those
who aren't squeamish about NYC should answer it?

Ahh- in matters of taste there can be no dispute. I know a lot of Chicagoans who think NYC pizza is crap but I see that point is lost on you.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
OK. I'll just come out and say it.

New York style pizza sucks! There. Got that off my chest. Let's move on to the next thread please.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:17 PM

11 posts, read 42,749 times
I have to think at least a few of the pizza joints around here are run by former New Yorkers? I guess they forget how to make pizza once they move.....

I like a few different styles personally, for NY style I like the original new york pizza, several locations around the area, also just ate at Peppers in chapel hill and enjoyed it a lot.

tommy

Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM

315 posts, read 767,323 times
I had white pizza (I love white pizza) at Carnival in Port Jeff Station on LI this past summer. I had never had anything like it. Now all other pizza might as well be frozen pizza to me.

My parents (both NYers) always had me believing it's the water. My husband, (not a NYer) is positive it's because of all the dead bodies in the water. He's watched a few too many episodes of The Soprano's!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM

68 posts, read 153,001 times
Carnival is excellent; actually my niece's favorite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary