Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:00 PM

86 posts, read 141,943 times

Advertisements

We looked at cars today. Some pretty good deals out there. It definitely is a buyer's market. The majority of vehicles are dirt cheap after a year of age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:02 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workerbeeishere View Post
We looked at cars today. Some pretty good deals out there. It definitely is a buyer's market. The majority of vehicles are dirt cheap after a year of age.
I'd love for you to find me a "dirt cheap" 2007 Red Corvette. Thanks in advance!

Vicki

Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 PM

How about a 2004 or older. Corvettes are dirt cheap after they are atleast four years old. I have a coworker with a 2000 model and you would think it is a 2008 model. That car looks as good as any corvette.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase one. I need more room for my money. Go search on the web if your seriously inquiring on a corvette. I saw a few advertised in the last year for $18K~ range.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workerbeeishere View Post
How about a 2004 or older. Corvettes are dirt cheap after they are atleast four years old. I have a coworker with a 2000 model and you would think it is a 2008 model. That car looks as good as any corvette.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase one. I need more room for my money. Go search on the web if your seriously inquiring on a corvette. I saw a few advertised in the last year for $18K~ range.
You said cars were dirt cheap. You said after 1 year. You said! So tell me then...where is this "dirt cheap" red corvette??? I want it. Point me in the direction of all these "dirt cheap" cars you said you found. I'm seriously going to buy one.

Vicki

Old 10-14-2007, 09:18 PM

Default In my defense, I did mention "majority" and not all cars were dirt cheap

There are a bunch of used corvettes listed on Autotrader within 500 miles. Approximiately 2700+ used 06-08 Corvette. Start pricing in upper 30's. That is a steal compared to new price.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Sorry workerbeeishere...my point is that you can't make a blanket statement like that. Nor can you make a blanket statement about housing. Its all relevant to WHERE you are buying and WHAT you are buying.

Still...I would have loved to find that red corvette "dirt cheap"!!!

Vicki

Old 10-14-2007, 09:40 PM

The definition of dirt cheap may be a little different for each of us. Purchasing a corvetter that is less than two years old for $40K less than sticker, is pretty dirt cheap.

By the way, your very quick with your replies. Fastest clicker in the East, huh?

Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 AM

120 posts, read 206,381 times
Default Checking for our family. We need to purchase a new van and very nervous to go to a dealership.

We always have to get worked-up when dealing with a sales person. They treat you either like your a complete idiot until you break bad on them. We sat and listened to bull crap yesterday from a dealer that had no interest in selling us a vehicle. We could afford their product, however they didn't want to budge on their price. Apparently, they sell the majority of their vehicles for sticker. We will never pay sticker, unless they pay off our trade in full. We understand there should be enough fluff in the asking price to cover a good amount of negative equity on the trade-in and the dealership to make a profit.

Any thoughts from other Raleigh residents. We might go to Carmax today to see what they have. The one bad thing about Carmax, they will not haggle. They are simply hostesses, lol, seriously. They search on the same website that any web jockey can. They won't work with you on a trade.

Anyone out there experienced something different with Carmax? We would definitely like to know.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:49 PM

120 posts, read 206,381 times
Default Alot of people are paying way too much for vehicles!!!

I spoke with a sales man for Leith and he mentioned he purchased a '07 Expedition, fully loaded with very few miles on it and got a great deal. He purchased it for like $19K.
The original owner was taken to the bank.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:52 PM

460 posts, read 1,770,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtofigureitout View Post
I spoke with a sales man for Leith and he mentioned he purchased a '07 Expedition, fully loaded with very few miles on it and got a great deal. He purchased it for like $19K.
The original owner was taken to the bank.
I wouldn't trust ANYTHING from ANYONE who works for Leith.

Check out some of the threads on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary