Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:15 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkijoe View Post
Ass handed to me on a silver platter. I will eat crow and ejoy it with a knife and fork.

I by no means ment to offend anyone. Pleas forgive. I live in Washington and we are all tech all the time here and I didnt see alot of tech companies in NC so I wanted to know. I also want to see what companies I want to work for am considering selling cell phones and plans and wanted to know what was poplur. I didnt see t-mobile in the area and thats what I have.

I am not sure what areas I am interested in but I am leaning towards sales just not sure what.

Thanks for the info and I will more then likly post more stupid messages in the future.
Glad to know NC has sense of humor.
There are several tech companies in the Research Triangle Park.

What is RTP

Cisco
IBM
Sony Ericsson
Nortel Networks
Network Appliance

Just to name a few. If you are use to being around techies I'm sure you will find plenty around here.

Plenty of places that sell cell phones as well.

Good luck! Glad you have a good sense of humor too. You sound like you would fit in just fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
NikkiJoe,

You seem very interested in Cell phone use in the Triangle so I thought you might appreciate this picture of a cell phone tower disguised as a tree in North Raleigh. This picture was taken by another user on this forum known as willrusso.

Cell Phone Tower / Tree

photo courtesy of: willrusso

Old 12-20-2007, 05:47 PM

115 posts, read 464,122 times
Call T-mobile before you move and see if they'll work with you. I moved down from Boston a year ago and still use them. I can pretty much switch to which ever network has the best signal without any added fees. Only drawback is that i need to enter my password when i call my voicemail.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:07 PM

3,305 posts, read 8,555,882 times
Quote:
A$$ handed to me on a silver platter. I will eat crow and ejoy it with a knife and fork.

I by no means ment to offend anyone. Pleas forgive. I live in Washington and we are all tech all the time here and I didnt see alot of tech companies in NC so I wanted to know. I also want to see what companies I want to work for am considering selling cell phones and plans and wanted to know what was poplur. I didnt see t-mobile in the area and thats what I have.

I am not sure what areas I am interested in but I am leaning towards sales just not sure what.

Thanks for the info and I will more then likly post more stupid messages in the future.
Glad to know NC has sense of humor.

Glad to see you took everything in stride. T-Mobile is buying out SunCom and it should be changing here within the next 6 months I hear. So we will have T-Mobile here in 2008. BTW, I have SunCom and I have no problem with it what-so-ever and when I go back home to Northern VA it roams using cingular and t-mobile towers and I've gotten a great signal no matter where I have been.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:58 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Cell phones. I think Glaxo people deal with cell-ular matters. Even those IBM guys are dealing with moving atoms around in a cellar form in their research labs. Alexander Grahm bell once said, "I think one day the word will get a device that will allow people to communicate across great distances without the need for wires or such and then he added a caveat that said something like, but not for Carolinians or something like that....

j/k. We do have many cells phone, just drive on any of our roads and their are almost as many cells phone talkers as drivers. We are almost at a 1 to 1 relationship.

The new at&t here. Service is good.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:55 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
I live in Washington and we are all tech all the time here and I didnt see alot of tech companies in NC so I wanted to know.
This area is one of the tops in Technology companies in the country....about to surpass Silicon Valley they say (if that's what you meant by "tech all the time"). That being said if you are just looking to sell phones you have the options of working for a direct store (AT&T, Verizon, Suncom..being bought out, Alltell, Cricket Wireless and the pre-paid plans) or there is Best Buy, Radio Shack etc.....that sell the phones and plans as well. Good Luck.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:25 AM

96 posts, read 477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
This area is one of the tops in Technology companies in the country....about to surpass Silicon Valley they say (if that's what you meant by "tech all the time").

Ok .. this is pushing it a little .. this area is growing in technology but for it to surpass SV is stretching the facts IMO

Old 12-21-2007, 08:48 AM

16 posts, read 54,530 times
Is at&t very wide spread there? It is quite popular here in Florida. (my plan) I have only seen the Alltel commercials on tv, but I don't know anyone here that has that plan. But it seems quite popular there =)

Old 12-21-2007, 08:57 AM

65 posts, read 320,803 times
One thing to keep in mind when purchasing your mobile phone.... If you ever have a need to travel outside of the US and still want to use your phone, you shouldn't go with Verizon. Their network is great here in the States, but the technology their phones is based on does not work anywhere else. That being said, I think Verizon's network is better in NC than AT&T's. But AT&T is slowly catching up. Also, if you want to switch out your SIM card and use a different phone, you can't do that today with Verizon. I can switch out my SIM card with any AT&T phone easily. If my Verizon phone dies, I have to send it off for repairs/replacement and have them rebuild my contacts on a new phone. So it really all depends on what your personal needs/perferences are.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:07 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpid View Post
Ok .. this is pushing it a little .. this area is growing in technology but for it to surpass SV is stretching the facts IMO
I did not say size......

http://www.associatearrangements.com...#siliconvalley

Moderator cut: oops~ no links to blogs please

Last edited by autumngal; 12-21-2007 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: removed link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary