Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 03:29 PM

1,701 posts, read 2,590,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
Not sure secession is such a bad idea, considering the feds continued attempts to destroy traditional Southern culture in North Carolina.
When I was in elementary school we used to say, "Save your Dixie cups, the South will rise again!"

Old 10-21-2014, 04:27 PM

129 posts, read 186,495 times
Quote:
Not sure secession is such a bad idea, considering the feds continued attempts to destroy traditional Southern culture in North Carolina.
I've been considering secession myself, but not from the United States, from North Carolina. Can you imagine how much better the Triangle would be if were could self govern without the influence of the city-hating backwards state government?

Old 10-21-2014, 07:14 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
In dollars and cents it would behoove the Feds to cut you loose. Instant 25% (give or take) savings for the Feds in revenue drawn from NC vs. federal expenditures to NC. Simply put Dixie, you are a 'taker' state vs. a 'donor' state. As any arts organization will tell you, culture don't pay the bills.

Last edited by take57; 10-21-2014 at 07:23 PM..

Old 10-21-2014, 07:27 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
RedShirtArmy - YouTube

This guy and his crew must have made their way into Raleigh.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:50 PM

202 posts, read 350,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked_ID View Post
I've been considering secession myself, but not from the United States, from North Carolina. Can you imagine how much better the Triangle would be if were could self govern without the influence of the city-hating backwards state government?
Well, what's stopping you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
In dollars and cents it would behoove the Feds to cut you loose. Instant 25% (give or take) savings for the Feds in revenue drawn from NC vs. federal expenditures to NC. Simply put Dixie, you are a 'taker' state vs. a 'donor' state. As any arts organization will tell you, culture don't pay the bills.
So, the feds drop NC, which would require NC to drop the welfare state. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:20 PM

272 posts, read 303,498 times
I think secession is a bad idea, but people have the freedom to pursue what others like myself consider bad ideas.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbmartin View Post
When I was in elementary school we used to say, "Save your Dixie cups, the South will rise again!"

What are y'all waiting for? It's only been 150 years.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:49 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
If you're concerned about "Traditional Southern culture in North Carolina", you should focus your attention on the government of North Carolina (and its cities), not the "feds". The state has been actively soliciting out-of-state businesses to relocate here for a long time, which bring with them all sorts of non-Southern folks (yours truly included) and even (gasp) foreigners! The huge influx of out-of-staters moving here over the last couple of decades has surely done more to "destroy traditional Southern culture" than anything the feds have done.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:01 PM

129 posts, read 186,495 times
Quote:
Well, what's stopping you?

So, the feds drop NC, which would require NC to drop the welfare state. Sounds like a win-win to me.
Point 1: Because it's crazy, a joke, and there's no real way of doing it.

Point 2: "Welcome to North Carolina, former US state, and current third world country; please ignore the corpses and starving impoverished and homeless people, and try to remember that we have no income taxes! Visit NC, the Somalia of North America."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary