Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 01:22 PM

204 posts, read 384,017 times

Advertisements

According to Open Table reviews. I have tried all but Saint-Jacques, but now I can't wait to make a reservation!

Very proud of the continued growth of our restaurant scene. Very diverse menus, which are created by some undeniably talented Chefs.

Only the top 10 were ranked, and the rest of the restaurants were listed in alphabetical order.

Fearrington House came in third on the list.

Bida Manda
Herons
Saint Jacques French Cuisine
Second Empire

Source: Five from Triangle make 'Best Restaurants in America' list :: Out and About at WRAL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 01:25 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
^ They probably serve HUGE portions of potatoes!

Old 12-22-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
^ They probably serve HUGE portions of potatoes!

Old 12-22-2014, 01:55 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp38393 View Post
According to Open Table reviews. I have tried all but Saint-Jacques, but now I can't wait to make a reservation!

Very proud of the continued growth of our restaurant scene. Very diverse menus, which are created by some undeniably talented Chefs.

Only the top 10 were ranked, and the rest of the restaurants were listed in alphabetical order.

Fearrington House came in third on the list.

Bida Manda
Herons
Saint Jacques French Cuisine
Second Empire

Source: Five from Triangle make 'Best Restaurants in America' list :: Out and About at WRAL.com
Personally I think One in Chapel Hill is better than all of those listed above.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
Personally I think One in Chapel Hill is better than all of those listed above.
I am a huge fan of The Stanbury right now. An is terrific. The Lantern is amazing. Revolution in Durham is great. So many good options here.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:55 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times
My fav is ORO. DT Raleigh.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:14 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp38393 View Post
I am a huge fan of The Stanbury right now. An is terrific. The Lantern is amazing. Revolution in Durham is great. So many good options here.
I haven't made it to Stanbury yet, but want to try. I also love An and Lantern. Revolution is uneven but I love the atmosphere, drinks and location.

I'm just not a huge fan of Second Empire. It wouldn't be a top restaurant in any larger city. I think Saint Jaques has nice service, but the atmosphere is only good for the crowd wearing St. John knits and pearls.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
I haven't made it to Stanbury yet, but want to try. I also love An and Lantern. Revolution is uneven but I love the atmosphere, drinks and location.

I'm just not a huge fan of Second Empire. It wouldn't be a top restaurant in any larger city. I think Saint Jaques has nice service, but the atmosphere is only good for the crowd wearing St. John knits and pearls.
I agree with you 100% (with the Saint Jaques being the lone exception), which means you really need to give Stanbury a shot. Their crispy pig head, roasted marrow, and sweetbreads are out of this world.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:52 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
Stanbury is definitely excellent. I would recommend going there with a group of 4-6 so you can try the maximum amount of plates.

I actually ate at Second Empire (the Tavern anyway) last week and it was pretty good to me. Honestly, you can get any of the entrees from the main restaurant also and the atmosphere is much more relaxed so I don't see much reason to go upstairs personally.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:35 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I actually ate at Second Empire (the Tavern anyway) last week and it was pretty good to me. Honestly, you can get any of the entrees from the main restaurant also and the atmosphere is much more relaxed so I don't see much reason to go upstairs personally.
We always ask for the Tavern...way more layed back

Fearrington is great too. I need to get out more and experience the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary