Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:31 AM

386 posts, read 605,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
$30 just to park? Yikes. This is sounding more and more like a "view from afar" type event
well $10 to park at the Mudcats stadium and to ride the shuttle in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:32 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,920,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbctong View Post
well $10 to park at the Mudcats stadium and to ride the shuttle in
Still seems a bit high to me. Perhaps they're purposely trying to keep the crowds to a minimum and only the wealthier visitors who will spend more money on concessions and rides?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Still seems a bit high to me. Perhaps they're purposely trying to keep the crowds to a minimum and only the wealthier visitors who will spend more money on concessions and rides?
I mean I'm not wealthy and I'm going...........it's out in Zebulon and there isn't ample parking out near where the event is being held so I guess they can charge whatever they want. Welcome to a capitalist society.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:53 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
I'd assume it's $10 a car. Which is still high but comparable to most paid parking events. I'm also guessing, if like the fair, it will drop you off very close to the entrance.I believe it's free for entry but sure there will be plenty of opportunities to spend cash on others. Anyone seen anything about food trucks being there?

Old 05-22-2015, 07:56 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersRule99 View Post
Is this an annual event? I did not hear about this last year....
Just read it's the inaugural event. It's a WRAL production. Is also answered my food question. Spring Forest location will have trucks the Zebulon one is being catered. The Raleigh shuttle and parking is free. I predict Raleigh to be more crowded but Zebulon to be more scenic.

Last edited by cyn7cyn; 05-22-2015 at 08:05 AM..

Old 05-22-2015, 10:51 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Does anyone know what the are charging for parking in Raleigh?

Old 05-22-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
Does anyone know what the are charging for parking in Raleigh?
From WRAL's website:
If you are going to Spring Forest Road, enjoy free park-and-ride shuttle service courtesy of Triangle Town Center and GoRaleigh Transit. Simply park near the entrance of the mall closest to Men's Wearhouse at Triangle Town Center. There's a GoRaleigh Bus shelter nearby.

WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest Guide: When, where to go :: Out and About at WRAL.com

Old 05-22-2015, 11:26 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbctong View Post
From WRAL's website:
If you are going to Spring Forest Road, enjoy free park-and-ride shuttle service courtesy of Triangle Town Center and GoRaleigh Transit. Simply park near the entrance of the mall closest to Men's Wearhouse at Triangle Town Center. There's a GoRaleigh Bus shelter nearby.

WRAL Freedom Balloon Fest Guide: When, where to go :: Out and About at WRAL.com
Thank you!

Old 05-22-2015, 11:54 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,874,021 times
Quote:
The $10 benefits the Raleigh Jaycees, so I suspect it's a fundraiser event for them.

"Starting at 2 p.m., you can park at the home of the Mudcats – Five County Stadium, 1501 NC-39. Parking is $10 and proceeds go to The Raleigh Jaycees."

Old 05-22-2015, 12:29 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,920,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
The $10 benefits the Raleigh Jaycees, so I suspect it's a fundraiser event for them.

"Starting at 2 p.m., you can park at the home of the Mudcats – Five County Stadium, 1501 NC-39. Parking is $10 and proceeds go to The Raleigh Jaycees."
That's at least better than just for-profit (not that there's anything wrong with either one). Thanks for pointing that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary