Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:06 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,681,344 times

Advertisements

Hi Raleigh City Data Forumers....

What is the Newbury Park subdivison located in Apex like? I am not able to find alot of information on it....

Are there any areas in Apex to avoid?

What are some of the best family oriented subdivisions under $300,000?

Asking for my sister-in-law and ber husband.They are currently looking to purchase a home no larger than about 2300 square feet for under $300,000.They have visited the Raleigh area briefly to scout,and really loved Apex.They are in their 30's with a newborn.They enjoy quiet suburban life and will be making the move from the Dallas area with his job already set.They just sold their house in the Dallas area and made a $110,000 profit.Lucky them

Thank you for the information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 04:37 AM

22,671 posts, read 36,810,996 times
I'm not overly familiar with Apex but if I were looking to get under $300K I would look in Pearson Farms/Dogwood Ridge, great family neighborhood with a nice pool complex (they even have a kiddie pool) - I know quite a few people who live there and love it.

Maybe Shepherd's Vineyard? Not sure if that's under $300K.

Not familiar with the subdivision you mention, that's more Holly Springs to me. If your family likes Apex I am guessing they mean downtown Apex, but maybe not. The places I mention are much closer.

Good luck to them!

Old 05-18-2015, 05:09 AM

6,380 posts, read 5,500,035 times
I grew up in and around Apex and I had to look up where Newbury Park was.....that's really more Holly Springs with an Apex address than real "Apex".

I'd assume that if they really liked the Apex area; they were probably drawn to downtown and the beaver creek areas; both of which (along with the majority of incorporated Apex) are in the area code 27502. The neighborhood mentioned in the original post is 27539; an area code that covers a large unincorporated area with "Apex" as the address but stretches from Cary to Fuquay.

The neighborhoods that the above poster mentioned would fit with the budget mentioned and so would parts of Scotts Mill, parts of Walden Creek, all of Knollwood (older 60s/70s homes), Waterford Green.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:32 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,142,685 times
I would add Haddon Hall, Amherst, Hollands Crossing, Crocketts Ridge, along with others mentioned.

Regardless, any nice home in Apex offering 2300SF for <$300,000 will move quickly. They will need to be nimble.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:29 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,657 times
Newbury Park is surrounded by run down sf and mobile homes. My brother and I wandered thru some homes there when he was looking and we were underwhelmed but the build quality. It's also not in an area most would describe as "Apex". It is technically in Holly Springs for taxation and services. It is a long way from the intersection of 55 and Olive Chapel Road which is the point on the map that I would consider the epicenter of Apex proper.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:44 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,591,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
... the intersection of 55 and Olive Chapel Road which is the point on the map that I would consider the epicenter of Apex proper.
The on-line dictionary gives this:
Quote:
ep·i·cen·ter
ˈepəˌsen(t)ər/
noun
noun: epicentre; plural noun: epicentres; noun: epicenter; plural noun: epicenters
the point on the earth's surface vertically above the focus of an earthquake.

the central point of something, typically a difficult or unpleasant situation.
If you like Apex (as I do) please choose a nicer word.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:46 AM

Thank you so much for the input.My sister was explaining to me that she liked the actual house and neighborhood in Newbury Park but not the subdivision location.I told her she should go on City Data Forums and ask some questions before seriously pursuing any neighborhood.She had no idea what City Data was....gasp lol.So she asked me to ask the questions.When I looked up Newbury Park myself I did not find alot of info....

I just browsed thru listings in the above mentioned neighborhoods....Some really nice options under $300,000.

A few other questions....

- When will the new Costco in Apex be opening?

- What are the HOA fees per year in Scott's Mill,Haddon Hall and Pearson Farms? What is included for those fees?

- What is the water cost like in Apex?

- Out of curiosity (I live in Texas where property taxes are high) how do property tax rates compare to one and other in Raleigh and the surrounding suburbs? Raleigh,Apex,Cary,Holly Springs,Morrisville. What would the dollar amount per year be on a house that was valued at say, $275,000 in the mentioned suburbs?

Old 05-18-2015, 09:07 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,563,286 times
Go to this website Real Estate Search and type in property address or owner name and you can get all kinds of information, including the tax rate and actual taxes due/paid on any property you search. I typically pay around $45-$50 a month for water/sewer in Apex, but couldn't tell you the rate off hand. In the Town of Apex, the water/sewer, trash/recycling and electric are all provided through the Town, which you will receive one itemized monthly invoice. Natural gas service is provided through PSNC.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
Go to this website Real Estate Search and type in property address or owner name and you can get all kinds of information, including the tax rate and actual taxes due/paid on any property you search. I typically pay around $45-$50 a month for water/sewer in Apex, but couldn't tell you the rate off hand. In the Town of Apex, the water/sewer, trash/recycling and electric are all provided through the Town, which you will receive one itemized monthly invoice. Natural gas service is provided through PSNC.
Do you pay about $50 per month for water and trash pickup?

Ahhh...so electric is provided by the town.I would have not suspected that.Thank you for the info!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:17 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,276,394 times
Not really an apples to apples comparison, since I'm one person in aprox 1400 sf, but for a frame of reference, my last Apex bill broke down as:

Electric 38.86
Sales Tax 2.72
Water 10.61
Sewer 15.49
Garbage 9.92
Recycling 2.41
Yard Waste 4.00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary