Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 02:41 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times

Advertisements

When that stretch of 55 was being widened and developed for Your Pleasure the speed limit was dropped to 50 mph. Ask how many got stopped for that. So thank the oldsters for putting up with it for the new residents to be able to enjoy the current refinements.

Whenever there are important changes the traffic patrol likes to make sure we notice the new signs and conditions. When you get stopped they will probably explain it to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 06:04 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Speed limits that are now used as nothing more than a revenue generator masked in safety, the government picking your pocket in front of your eyes, and asking you to thank them for it.

No thanks. Good thing corruption always goes both ways. Until someone fixes it.

I'm glad that Cary Police has things covered. It USED to be the 3rd safest medium-sized town a few years ago, but I'm not so sure now. Yes, I know traffic violations and violent crime are two different things. I'm glad Cary Police tries to show it's strength.

But, all these people driving fast and are always "late" or that's just their style, you are making it unsafe for everyone else on the road.

Do you really think someone with a 3-week old in the SUV/minivan is going to be weaving in and out of traffic just like you?

Old 11-14-2015, 07:21 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Ki2Win View Post
I also don't speed, but there are times when my mind wanders and I find myself going over speed limit.
Seems like a big problem when your supposed to be in control of a 4000 pound tin can.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:28 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Seems like a big problem when your supposed to be in control of a 4000 pound tin can.
Yes because nobody's mind has ever wandered while driving a car. Ever.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:44 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
Probably due to the kids driving to and from Panther Creek and Green Hope High Schools. That fatal accident a while back may have increased surveillance.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:34 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,763,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
There's a difference between questioning speed limits and breaking them.
This is a good point, you're right. Pay to play. Break them as you please, know and be prepared for the consequences.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:37 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,763,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post

Do you really think someone with a 3-week old in the SUV/minivan is going to be weaving in and out of traffic just like you?
This isn't a "right or wrong" argument, simply opinion, so I'm not saying you're wrong. My hypothesis is, no one would be weaving in and out of anything if every driver on the road practiced courtesy. Left lane reserved for the fastest cars on the road, even when there are only 2 lanes. If you're going 60 in a 45 and someone comes up going 70, you move over. There is no "theres only 2 lanes" "I'm going fast enough" "they need to slow down, I don't need to speed up" mentality, THATS where the danger exists. Just stay out of the way of faster drivers. Regardless of how fast I'm going, when someone wants to go faster, I yield to them, no ego, very simple.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:54 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
rory breaker,

May I respectfully ask why you always want to drive so much faster than everyone else? Serious question, I won't criticize your answer if you reply honestly.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:38 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
This isn't a "right or wrong" argument, simply opinion, so I'm not saying you're wrong. My hypothesis is, no one would be weaving in and out of anything if every driver on the road practiced courtesy. Left lane reserved for the fastest cars on the road, even when there are only 2 lanes. If you're going 60 in a 45 and someone comes up going 70, you move over. There is no "theres only 2 lanes" "I'm going fast enough" "they need to slow down, I don't need to speed up" mentality, THATS where the danger exists. Just stay out of the way of faster drivers. Regardless of how fast I'm going, when someone wants to go faster, I yield to them, no ego, very simple.
Are you talking about a 3-4 lane highway, or a 2 lane secondary? If I know I need to take a left in a mile, I will stay in the left lane regardless. I'm not going to get into the right lane and risk having to jam myself into traffic in order to get back over to take my turn.

On roads where there are right exits only, I agree 100%. On most 2 lanes around here, I disagree - the left lane is a travel lane not a passing lane.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:42 PM

4,537 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Quote:

I agree with most of what you said. However, Green Level Church Road is far from a regular 2 or 4 lane highway. There are many left turns, and many of the right lanes turn into right-turn only lanes. So many people WILL stay in the left lane. This is definitely not a road to be speeding up and down a lot and acting like it's some "highway."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary