Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 05:59 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,767 times

Advertisements

We haven't discussed location other than to say "Holly Springs or Fuquay-Varina".
Where do you want to live?
This is important, because any lots that are sitting around unsold will probably be either way out in the sticks or in very close proximity to commercial space (the intersection of Sunset Lake and Holly Springs Roads comes to mind). We don't have an oversupply of land in locations that most people would choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 10:28 PM

41 posts, read 37,986 times
Okay, we are making more progress. Luv4horses, you are right. I did not know that it is uncommon for small builders in the area to have lots available. Thanks for that info. Most places I have lived it has been the norm for them to build on their own lots, at least for most homes.

MikeJaquish, I certainly agree with everything you said regarding land purchase & custom building prices. You said, "You will have no problem finding a builder who will build for you." That takes me back to my original question of "Who?" I am hoping to get the names of some builders/contractor companies that someone has had experience with & was pleased with. Any builders come to mind?

Thank you both for your help.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:37 PM

Oops! Funky Chicken, I missed you response. Sorry. I would be okay with either town, depending on the lot & surroundings. Your comments about availability are duly noted. (I seem to like a challenge!)

Old 03-12-2016, 04:43 AM

252 posts, read 275,913 times
Custom Home Builder Sanford NC New House Plans Floor Plans

Don't have experience but hear advertisements for these guys on the radio a lot.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:53 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movininnc View Post
Okay, we are making more progress. Luv4horses, you are right. I did not know that it is uncommon for small builders in the area to have lots available. Thanks for that info. Most places I have lived it has been the norm for them to build on their own lots, at least for most homes.

MikeJaquish, I certainly agree with everything you said regarding land purchase & custom building prices. You said, "You will have no problem finding a builder who will build for you." That takes me back to my original question of "Who?" I am hoping to get the names of some builders/contractor companies that someone has had experience with & was pleased with. Any builders come to mind?

Thank you both for your help.
Good custom builders are busy people. So, have your story concise and straightforward.
You will probably find that your house is small for many of them, so if they agree to work with you, they will have to goose the price pretty hard to make it worthwhile to divert their talent and attentions to you.
Be ready for a fat $$$$/SF situation.

Here are a few I would consider talking to, but partially thrown out so others can chime in:

Saybrook homes
Home Builders in Holly Springs and Raleigh - Saybrook Homes

Massengill
Triangle Custom Home Builder

Stanton Homes
New Homes Fuquay Varina | Fuquay Homes for Sale | Custom Home Builders

Poythress homes
Home Build Process | Raleigh-Durham Residential Construction Company

Richard Gaylord
Richard Gaylord Homes

Robuck Design Build.
Robuck Design Build of Raleigh, NC | reviews and customer feedback from GuildQuality surveys

Old 03-12-2016, 09:49 AM

Wonderful, spsmith713 & MikeJaquish!!! Thank you for the names! I will get busy researching &
contacting them!

Again, thanks to all who have responded.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM

213 posts, read 211,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movininnc View Post
Thank you, Funky Chicken. The reasons you stated for a new home builder not wanting to build in an HOA neighborhood are right on. That's why I'm looking to find a lot & build outside the normal setting of a development. There is nothing unusual or outrageous about the house plan. Perfectly normal. I like the layout. Yes, it is small for many builders to mess with. I am ready to downsize and builders are not building small home communities. I am trying to find one good builder who would take this project on.

Again, thanks for your comments!
In same place and would love to know if you found a builder for small house plan . Thanks

Old 03-13-2018, 04:20 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
In same place and would love to know if you found a builder for small house plan . Thanks
Before bumping a post like this you should check when the OP posted last. This one hasn't posted since 8/2016.

Better off sending a DM - maybe they'll get email notification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary