Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:18 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times

Advertisements

Looks like places in Chapel Hill and Carrboro to me. Looks similar to Roberson Place in Carrboro. It's a well established downtown neighborhood, built 15 or 20 years ago. https://www.google.com/maps/@35.9067...7i13312!8i6656
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 10:42 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
it's not a "bad" area.
Just a matter of opinion. People have different comfort levels or likes and dislikes. It obviously looks like it is improving, in that one little spot.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:01 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
Several have sold already (more than 10) on both Effie Way and Dorothea. In the last year they have sold from between $322K - $474K. I'm sure they will sell out and the areas around there will start changing as well. Downtown is booming along with everything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
They are listed in MLS as "Not in a subdivision" so you have to look them up by Effie St. I'm not sure what the other streets are or if it was just this one street. Seems like when we spoke to the builder, they were tearing down homes on another street to build more of these homes.

Lot sizes are about .06 acre. The only one that I see that has closed was listed at $474,313, sold in 31 days. It is possible that others have closed but were not put into MLS.

My buyers and I discussed these homes versus Renaissance Park and they decided that Renn Park was a much better investment. I agreed.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:20 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Several have sold already (more than 10) on both Effie Way and Dorothea. In the last year they have sold from between $322K - $474K. I'm sure they will sell out and the areas around there will start changing as well. Downtown is booming along with everything else
It will definitely start changing even more.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
It will definitely start changing even more.
Except for the poor who are displaced, that is a very good thing. Imagine how nice it all will be, when everything old is either replaced or revitalized? Getting better year by year.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Except for the poor who are displaced, that is a very good thing. Imagine how nice it all will be, when everything old is either replaced or revitalized? Getting better year by year.
The displacement and pricing out residents chips away at character and disrupts people's way of life, but restoration and revitalization projects of old neighborhoods are wonderful and preserves/enhances character.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
The displacement and pricing out residents chips away at character and disrupts people's way of life, but restoration and revitalization projects of old neighborhoods are wonderful and preserves/enhances character.
It's a catch 22 isn't it. I just wish we could do something for the displaced folks, as someone is making a pretty penny at their expense. However, I do not think progress should stop because they end up being displaced. I just wish they would somehow get a piece of the pie.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
It's a catch 22 isn't it. I just wish we could do something for the displaced folks, as someone is making a pretty penny at their expense. However, I do not think progress should stop because they end up being displaced. I just wish they would somehow get a piece of the pie.
it is quite the conundrum.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:39 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelpsG12 View Post
To be rich in the future, invest in medical companies specializing in knee and hip replacement surgeries. The demand is going to be astronomical when people living with all these stairs when they are younger get older.
That's exactly why I'm happy we never moved out of our ranch "starter" home!! My hippie friends worry about climbing stairs post op, and all I have to do is walk down the hall!

I just realized I sound old. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary