Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 08:08 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times

Advertisements

Are stations even running out of plus/premium, or is it only regular? It's not a crisis if you're just forced to pay .20 more a gallon.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:30 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,543,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
I guess that this is the only time that VW TDI owners have been happy in the last year.
Given the buyout they offered a co-worker for his TDI Jetta Wagon, I know of several very happy VW owners. [Paid $22K for the vehicle 3 years ago and VW just offered him $21K buyout. He has purposefully mothballed it so it doesn't get wrecked before they buy it back from him. That day cannot come soon enough for him].

Old 09-19-2016, 10:33 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Are stations even running out of plus/premium, or is it only regular? It's not a crisis if you're just forced to pay .20 more a gallon.
The one I found gas at today was out of mid & premium..Only had regular left..

Old 09-19-2016, 10:42 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,543,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
The one I found gas at today was out of mid & premium..Only had regular left..
The place where I went this morning had no premium, just mid and regular. Also had ethanol free, which I used, but paid a ton extra for it (as usual).

Old 09-20-2016, 04:08 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Hmm. I did top off yesterday and now feel guilty about it. Apologies to the citizenry.

I think my childhood memories of 70s gas lines came back.

The first two stations I tried were out of gas completely. I'm glad I went to get it at 3 pm rather than after 5 p/m

Old 09-20-2016, 05:38 AM

22,671 posts, read 36,804,509 times
There is NO ONE on the road this morning. Seriously it feels like a holiday.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:52 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
According to someone in a neighborhood Facebook group, the Circle K at Grace Park on Davis drive got gas yesterday AM. The Sheetz at Park west was still out this morning. They must not have much pull around here as they were the first out.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:59 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Who said I wasn't planning on using the boat anymore this season? Not I. I will probably go out fishing next week. I also stated I added fuel stabilizer, like I always do, to the boat and the cans so no worry of the fuel going bad within the next year. The cans were empty and needed filling anyway. The boat was only half full. It's bad to let a fuel tank sit for an extended time not topped off because the void space allows moisture to accumulate. The mower needed to be filled as well. There, does that make some of y'all ethics police feel better? I justified my "needs" for filling my stuff with gas.

But ethics aside, there was no time frame as to how long the repair could take. My and my families livelihood depends on my job which I have no choice but to drive to. It's not my fault some of y'all didn't prepare because you either wanted to "do the right thing" or didn't want to be accused of going into a panic. Sorry, but you screwed up. So either stay home or go wait in the long lines for gas. I'll be sure I wave as I pass by.

And actually the truth of the matter is I filled up my crap with gas I paid for with money that I earned and will continue to do so and none of y'all can't do a thing about it. So nah-nah-nee-boo-boo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
So, word around the campfire is the Selma distribution depot shut down today. Basically, the fuel stock is gone and only fuel left is what is in stock at gas stations so once they run out you're on your own. Unfortunately, pricks like myself have prepared by topping off all four of my vehicles, 4 6g cans of 93, 2 6g cans of Diesel, 5g in my mower, and 22g in my boat. Am I planning on mowing a lot of grass or boating? No. I have a siphon in case this shortage continues. A week from now if the pipeline hasn't been repaired there will be no gas. If the shortage doesn't last, so what? I have stabilizer so the fuel is good for a year.

Sorry, Bo. I don't play fair.

The Sheetz on 401 @ 55 and further north on 401 @ Banks rd both were out of fuel this afternoon.
Actually, you did say you don't plan on boating. Who cares if you are acting like a greedy jerk as long as you can at least admit it.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:00 AM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
According to someone in a neighborhood Facebook group, the Circle K at Grace Park on Davis drive got gas yesterday AM. The Sheetz at Park west was still out this morning. They must not have much pull around here as they were the first out.
I wonder if Sheetz' distribution modelling de-prioritizes them since their short track record doesn't support great long term demand....

Old 09-20-2016, 06:33 AM

190 posts, read 200,214 times
Definitively a lot of morons in the Raleigh area. Haven't yet filled gas since the pipeline broke. By the way, every gas stations I pass by commuting to work have gas without crazy waiting lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary