Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 09:07 AM

703 posts, read 779,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I mean is he more concerned about the food? or the entire experience? I think that's up for interpretation depending on the person. Some people like The Pit for BBQ, some people like your hole in the wall places.
I agree. I love BBQ and seafood, but I don't know that I would drive 90 minutes each way for a hole in the wall joint, where I'm ordering at a counter, eating on paper plates, and the entire dining experience takes about 20 minutes. And I CERTAINLY would never talk my wife into that kind of drive for that experience, no matter how good the food. On the other hand, if I'm driving thru an area or need to be there for some other reason, sure - those would be great places to stop by. But to make a special trip? That's not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Gotta give a shout-out for Skippers in Apex!
Now I have a craving.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:14 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr3stripe View Post
I agree. I love BBQ and seafood, but I don't know that I would drive 90 minutes each way for a hole in the wall joint, where I'm ordering at a counter, eating on paper plates, and the entire dining experience takes about 20 minutes. And I CERTAINLY would never talk my wife into that kind of drive for that experience, no matter how good the food. On the other hand, if I'm driving thru an area or need to be there for some other reason, sure - those would be great places to stop by. But to make a special trip? That's not me.
I've definitely driven to places outside of Raleigh for hole in the wall BBQ. But maybe that's because I don't have a wife to convince

Old 11-15-2017, 09:47 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,595,059 times
Skipper's is a good suggestion.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:01 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Agree, but the original post said "Wife loves seafood". If so, I would pick a place with better seafood over a cookie cutter environment.
Wife also apparently loves Joe's Crab Shack.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
My understanding is that the OP would be driving up from Fayetteville. I would be quite disappointed if I drove a total of 2-3 hours (round trip) for the dining experience at some of the places mentioned.
Based on what? The OP gave no indication he lives in F'ville, and his entire posting history is on this board. He also specifically said he was looking for a place like Joe's Crab Shack.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:11 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,587,310 times
I'm not going to knock the fare at Skippers but this is a place where patrons eat from paper plates using plastic utensils. Not the kind of place to take a date, IMHO.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:44 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbmartin View Post
I'm not going to knock the fare at Skippers but this is a place where patrons eat from paper plates using plastic utensils. Not the kind of place to take a date, IMHO.

No one said anything about a date. He wants someplace to take his wife. I'm assuming he isn't looking to put on airs.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:49 AM

703 posts, read 779,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Based on what? The OP gave no indication he lives in F'ville, and his entire posting history is on this board. He also specifically said he was looking for a place like Joe's Crab Shack.
His only seafood reference was Joe's Crab Shack in F'ville. I thus made the assumption that was where he probably lived, which is why I qualified it as saying "my understanding...". No doubt I could be wrong.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
His only seafood reference was Joe's Crab Shack in F'ville. I thus made the assumption that was where he probably lived, which is why I qualified it as saying "my understanding...". No doubt I could be wrong.
OP also said he was looking for a seafood restaurant "in this area" (meaning Triangle) twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary