Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 04:04 PM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times

Advertisements

As a co-op member, I just got the following email:

Hello Weaver Street Market Owners,

We want you to be the first to know that we will be opening our newest store in downtown Raleigh in late Summer 2018.

We’re excited to bring Weaver Street Market to the Warehouse District and contribute to the vibrant downtown Raleigh community.

Our new Raleigh store supports our long-term plans to expand our impact into additional downtowns and to share the co-op experience with local residents who value sustainable food and healthy communities.

This new market will strengthen Weaver Street’s overall mission by inviting more people to join the co-op movement, driving sales that will increase our buying power and improve our prices, and providing an entryway to new partnerships with local food producers in Eastern North Carolina.

We'll be sharing more details and a press release on our website tomorrow. We invite you to join us on Sunday, Dec. 10 from 12-2 PM at our Carrboro location to discuss this exciting news. You can also email us at board@weaverstreetmarket.coop.

Thank you for your support as we take this next step together.

The Weaver Street Market Board of Directors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 05:33 PM

6,654 posts, read 5,590,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
As a co-op member, I just got the following email:

Hello Weaver Street Market Owners,

We want you to be the first to know that we will be opening our newest store in downtown Raleigh in late Summer 2018.

We’re excited to bring Weaver Street Market to the Warehouse District and contribute to the vibrant downtown Raleigh community.

Our new Raleigh store supports our long-term plans to expand our impact into additional downtowns and to share the co-op experience with local residents who value sustainable food and healthy communities.

This new market will strengthen Weaver Street’s overall mission by inviting more people to join the co-op movement, driving sales that will increase our buying power and improve our prices, and providing an entryway to new partnerships with local food producers in Eastern North Carolina.

We'll be sharing more details and a press release on our website tomorrow. We invite you to join us on Sunday, Dec. 10 from 12-2 PM at our Carrboro location to discuss this exciting news. You can also email us at board@weaverstreetmarket.coop.

Thank you for your support as we take this next step together.

The Weaver Street Market Board of Directors
I went once when I was in Carrboro - while I didn't think it was amazing, downtown Raleigh badly needs grocery options so this will be a nice addition to downtown.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:06 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Wow, no grocery stores to 3. And Weaver St will have a good location away from HT and Publix.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:43 AM

459 posts, read 373,532 times
Plus Saxapahaw General Store will open sometime next year as well in East Downtown Raleigh at Transfer Co. - Olde East Food Hall.

When it rains it pours.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:22 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,803 times
We moved downtown in February 2016. I can't tell you how happy we've been with out decision.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:52 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Plus Saxapahaw General Store will open sometime next year as well in East Downtown Raleigh at Transfer Co. - Olde East Food Hall.

When it rains it pours.
What? I haven't heard about that one.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:00 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
https://www.wareattransfer.com/blog/...ighs-food-hall

Old 12-06-2017, 11:58 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
raleighsocial, who mentioned it above, gave more details about it in this thread:

The long rumored Downtown Raleigh Publix materializes

Old 12-06-2017, 12:03 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,967,748 times
I get most of my groceries at Weaver Street. Downtown is getting some very good stores.

And yes, the jump from 0 to 3 grocers is pretty astonishing to see, after a decade of false starts off and on at seaboard station. Downtown has a much larger residential population now though.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:42 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
raleighsocial, who mentioned it above, gave more details about it in this thread:

The long rumored Downtown Raleigh Publix materializes
Huh. I'll ask about that next time I'm in there, which is at least weekly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary