Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:55 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThySeeker View Post
Not sure who has preferred this method, but not something I can or will be doing. I tried, but this manly fingers too big for even larger keyboard options on these little dinky things. No no. I prefer full size keyboards and mice devices. I am not going to stress myself out over society's methods when I got bigger things to deal with. This is, of course, a whole different topic than this post requires. However, I understand your viewpoint.
Please accept this information as possible solutions to your issue with big fingers on small devices.

Keyboards can be attached wirelessly to a small device. I would guess that older wired versions still can be purchased.

Better yet, android smartphones come with Google Voice, allowing you to verbally dictate your messages and do other things without touching the phone (save to turn on th one). Iphone has Siri, which does the same thing.

That said, there are billions of people with big fingers who use cellphones all the time. Think about football and basketball players. And just for texting purposes, have a look at Jitterbug, Which has a larger keyboard, limited functions and is marketed to senior citizens.

I would also GUESS that cellular service would be cheaper than whatever you are currently using for telephone services.

In the end, I don't really think your reluctance. Has ANYTHING to do with big fingers. It's simply a refusal to conform and/or a refusal/fear of change. Understandable? Yes. Smart? Not really when it interferes with successfully taking care of the necessities of life.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:20 AM

225 posts, read 216,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Please accept this information as possible solutions to your issue with big fingers on small devices.

Keyboards can be attached wirelessly to a small device. I would guess that older wired versions still can be purchased.

Better yet, android smartphones come with Google Voice, allowing you to verbally dictate your messages and do other things without touching the phone (save to turn on th one). Iphone has Siri, which does the same thing.

That said, there are billions of people with big fingers who use cellphones all the time. Think about football and basketball players. And just for texting purposes, have a look at Jitterbug, Which has a larger keyboard, limited functions and is marketed to senior citizens.

I would also GUESS that cellular service would be cheaper than whatever you are currently using for telephone services.

In the end, I don't really think your reluctance. Has ANYTHING to do with big fingers. It's simply a refusal to conform and/or a refusal/fear of change. Understandable? Yes. Smart? Not really when it interferes with successfully taking care of the necessities of life.

Again, I do not need to explain. "Big fingers" is but one reason. Good for everyone else who can. I am not them, thankfully.
You mentioned methods that cost money and it affects other bills.
As for this Google voice bit, not an option. Not technically. Just not an option this form can do with such a device. I only use a telephone at home at night. My mobile device is prepaid when I need to make, or in my lives, receive, emergency calls. Not making calls during the daylight to do personal matters.

I am glad you all have these awesome ideas and tools, but I can not share all these as you can.

I just want people to stick to the topic. Companies that help people look for rentals. Not discuss how I "should" be doing it. Just provide companies you are familiar with and I will take it from there, as so far doing all this online searching and contacting as best I can is proving futile. Then again, not "everything" is online and you need to go on a more personal route... asking other people.

Stay on topic please now. If you got no companies to list, no reason to get off topic. It is wasting time.

Thank you.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
You're being told that there really aren't any realtors who handle rentals. You got 1 suggestion, and I looked at his website -- not a single mention about rental properties. You're stuck with the 400 different sites that you've already been told of. You're simply not going to find a single place or person that can make finding a rental easy for you. Sorry, but that's the reality of this rental market.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:02 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Quote:

Stay on topic please now. If you got no companies to list, no reason to get off topic. It is wasting time.

Thank you.
As has been explained to you, there are no companies that list all the rentals.

But you're right. I did waste A LOT of time trying to suggest solutions to your myriad personal problems. It's THOSE personal problems that make it impossible for you to find a new rental. I

I should have just saved myself the time and energy. SMH.

Last edited by Jkgourmet; 10-03-2018 at 09:21 AM..

Old 10-03-2018, 09:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
There aren't really a lot of companies that both list rentals and don't require some sort of quick communication on the part of the rental candidate.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:19 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Not willing to go online or make calls during business hours ... you're going to have very little luck, if any at all.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
As has been explained to you, there are no companies that list all the rentals.

But you're right. I did waste A LOT of time trying to suggest solutions to your myriad personal problems. It's THOSE personal problems that make it impossible for you to find a new rental. I

I should have just saved myself the time and energy. SMH.
I seek suggestions on companies. Not your opinions on my "myriad personal problems." Please read before posting next time and you will "save your time."

Thank you.

Shake my head as well.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not willing to go online or make calls during business hours ... you're going to have very little luck, if any at all.
Yea, not all of us have easy access to phones all day. Just emails. Especially when someone works while others sleep.

But thanks for your opinion.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Yea, not all of us have easy access to phones all day. Just emails. Especially when someone works while others sleep.

But thanks for your opinion.

It's not an opinion. Just stating the reality of your situation.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I seek suggestions on companies.

There are none.

/endthread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary